Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I just had to do a reset.

I was getting ready for bed and I was setting timely and downloading a update from the play store when my phone froze. I held down the power button to force a restart but every time it came to the splash screen it would just go black and not respond.

I was able to get to the recovery screen and delete cache hoping that it would fix the issue but it did the same thing again. I had to do a factory reset in via recovery to get my phone operational.

I have a att x that has never been rooted or messed with. This wasn't a huge deal for me because I know how to get into recovery but for most normal users it would not have been fun. Just wanting to know if anyone else has had this issue? I'm not slamming the x because with this exception it has been a fantastic phone.

P.S. I meant to type "do" and not "so" up top.

Posted via Android Central App
    OD, DX, D3, Bionic, Nexus, RAZR Max and Nexus 7

Global Posts
    22,242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: I just had to do a reset.

I had one time where I came close. I had a freeze, long pressed power, and it got out, but lagged a little, cleared the cache and was good.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Yes, this happened to me about a week ago. I thought it was something I had done (to not turn off an alarm gracefully)...had the phone in my pocket and suddenly felt hot. Couldn't get the screen to come on...tried long power to reboot and, like you experienced, after moto and Verizon splash, went black again. I "almost" chose to FDR, but after getting to work and not touching, it cooled off and at lunch time, I tried plugging into power source and power on...started working, indicating 0% charged...charged it up and has been OK since.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Mine never was hot. I did unplug it and let it sit for about ten minutes but it stayed the same. I had about 60% charge. It was just weird. I've had tons of android phones and that's the first time that I absolutely had to do a reset.

Posted via Android Central App
    OD, DX, D3, Bionic, Nexus, RAZR Max and Nexus 7