Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree95Likes

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Default Re: Jerry's insistence that the Moto X is 'perfect'

I've had light use the last couple of days but can't complain about the battery life:

Jerry's insistence that the Moto X is 'perfect'-screenshot_2014-08-02-20-46-16.pngJerry's insistence that the Moto X is 'perfect'-screenshot_2014-08-02-20-53-36.png

For reference, this is with location, WiFi, and all the Motorola services active.

Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    I've had light use the last couple of days but can't complain about the battery life:

For reference, this is with location, WiFi, and all the Motorola services active.
    Out of curiosity...are you on 4.4.4? I noted your Android OS on top and at 23%.
    Ry likes this.

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Bristol View Post
    Out of curiosity...are you on 4.4.4? I noted your Android OS on top and at 23%.
    No, I have the XT1053 and am on 4.4.3.

Also, I'm now at 2d 0h 38m with about an hour screen on time (57m 58s), battery is at 26%. I'm not sure that it matters but I have also started using the Google Now Launcher.
    Thanked by:
    Ry likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  

Quote Originally Posted by vzwuser76 View Post
    The problem is what you consider sensible and what others consider sensible may be worlds part. They could very easily take to heart your gripes and implement them, and then someone else will rant about what's wrong with it. And if they add his wants, the next guy will gripe about what he doesn't like.
    I doubt it, since the only thing I'm suggesting is a few more OPTIONS added to the device. For example, a check box for 'do not show clock on the active display' would've made a HUGE difference for me. And although not being able to prioritize the active display notifications doesn't seem to be a big deal for most of you, I doubt very many of you would complain if they added this ability.

As for the, 'if you want those options, then buy a developer edition and hack it in yourself', that seems to be the FOSS mantra, and one of the many reasons why almost nobody uses desktop Linux. You can't make up for a lack of functionality by suggesting that end users do the coding. Not all of us are developers, or even want to be ...

Quote Originally Posted by worknman View Post
    I doubt it, since the only thing I'm suggesting is a few more OPTIONS added to the device.
    That's a good point. Suggesting options is good for the platform, and the best manufacturers will listen to constructive feedback and address the issues in future devices.

Have you ever looked in the Upcoming & Rumored Android Devices section of the forum? There are a lot of people criticizing almost every aspect of the Moto X. It's all good, though. The people in the forums want the successor to the Moto X to be better, that's all.

well... i'll join the rank of happy Moto X owners!!

since i switched from a Moto G, it's been only happiness! the phone is really fast and smooth, i find screen quality rly awesome, battery life always lasts at least a day AND i can't live without active display anymore!

yes, might not have the best hardware and might need some minor improvements but the Moto X is perfect at what it does: being a good, reliable, optmized daily driver!

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This confirms, Jerry is correct!

http://www.androidcentral.com/yes-mo...ated-android-l

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by worknman View Post
    And although not being able to prioritize the active display notifications doesn't seem to be a big deal for most of you, I doubt very many of you would complain if they added this ability.
    I wouldn't complain, but I don't think I would find it useful either; I could easily be wrong though. What I would find useful is being able to swipe to any of the listed notifications to open it - not just the most recent one.

I'd also like to see an (optional) audible and vibrating reminder component added to Active Display, for those of us who keep our phones holstered or pocketed. But this isn't a big deal for me since I think anything Motorola would implement would be a disappointment to me when compared to my tailored, home made solution using Tasker.

Most importantly, I'd like to see all of the states/events monitored by the low power core made accessible to apps like Tasker, allowing us to run wild adding or own functionality.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234