Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By kansasandroid1
  • 1 Post By sunburned
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Well Im Coming Back

So I had an upgrade available on Verizon and thought I would give the G3 a try. It started out great and then I started realizing why I love my Moto X. Sure the G3 camera blows the Moto X's away but I will take everything on the Moto X over it. I miss the size, my custom design, active display, and near stock android. Suprisingly I was getting better battery on the X then my G3. I am done choosing phones based off specs. If you put the G3 specs and Moto X specw side by side you wouldn't think the X had a shot but for some reason its just so much more enjoyable. I'm happy to say I will be returning the G3 and coming back to the Moto X until Motorola releases their next batch of phones.

Default Re: Well Im Coming Back

Size is the thing that keeps me with the X. I really have no reason to look at other phones because this one works exactly how I want it to, plus fits in my hand and pocket perfectly. I don't need a 5+" screen and the tablet feel to go along with it. That and I won't give up active notifications.
    Evilnut likes this.

I'm in the same boat. I'm upgrade ready, but I think the M8 is too tall and the G3 is HUGE after handling one. The only other phone that sort of catches my fancy is an S5, but after enjoying stock OS I really don't feel like going back to Touchwiz. Just going to have to wait for the X+1. Plus, I really just like the size of the X.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Photo_Drew View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I'm upgrade ready, but I think the M8 is too tall and the G3 is HUGE after handling one. The only other phone that sort of catches my fancy is an S5, but after enjoying stock OS I really don't feel like going back to Touchwiz. Just going to have to wait for the X+1. Plus, I really just like the size of the X.
    I currently have an HTC One M7. It's a perfect size device! However I got the girlfriend a Moto G and I love the damn thing! If it had better internals I'd replace my M7. SO like you I'm waiting to see what Moto releases next! Moto X+1 looks interesting. So I'm waiting it out! Glad to hear the story and to know it worked out. A lot of people sell their devices far to quick if you ask me! :P You did it the smart way.

Global Posts
    9,464 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Glad you found the device which works for you. Sometimes specs don't mean everything, and the phone with "less specs" than the current crop of devices can hang with the best.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kansasandroid1 View Post
    Suprisingly I was getting better battery on the X then my G3..
    I do not think it is surprising at all considering the 2K screen taking a lot of juice out of the battery, overkill on a phone anyways IMO. I just switched from the LG G2 to the Moto X and i am loving the device and can not see myself going back to a phone without active display,touchless controls and drive assist without felling that i am missing something.

Global Posts
    3,661 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by kansasandroid1 View Post
    I am done choosing phones based off specs.
    Welcome to the club.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krouri View Post
    I do not think it is surprising at all considering the 2K screen taking a lot of juice out of the battery, overkill on a phone anyways IMO. I just switched from the LG G2 to the Moto X and i am loving the device and can not see myself going back to a phone without active display,touchless controls and drive assist without felling that i am missing something.
    So would you also pick Moto X over the HTC M8
    Soon to be!!!

Glad to have you back on the moto side! I'm glad this phone has gotten some love but I think it deserves more! It truly is an amazing device.

Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mlg2919 View Post
    I would, and I did. The HTC is gorgeous, sounds amazing, is super fast, and the screen is stunning. But as a useful tool, the Moto X is miles ahead. The Moto knows when I am driving. It's always listening and ready to help. The Moto feels like the first version of the next thing. The HTC feels like the final version of the last thing.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by bryanmsi View Post
    I would, and I did. The HTC is gorgeous, sounds amazing, is super fast, and the screen is stunning. But as a useful tool, the Moto X is miles ahead. The Moto knows when I am driving. It's always listening and ready to help. The Moto feels like the first version of the next thing. The HTC feels like the final version of the last thing.

I had also looked at the g3, but I don't need a 5.5 inch touch screen if I wanted that I get the note 3 or some phablet phone..Moto X is perfect for me.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Yes i would.

Global Posts
    9,138 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by krouri View Post
    Yes i would.
    As would I

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Absolutely. No way I'd consider getting an HTC One over a Moto X. The only way I'd use an HTC One over a Moto X is if someone paid me--A LOT.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bryanmsi View Post

This. The Moto X is by far the best tool. It's like the Honda Odyssey of smartphones... Not sexy, but by far the best vehicle at the actual job of moving people around.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk