Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Postoid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I've noticed that where active notifications used to activate with barely a nudge, my phone is now on, 4.4.4 and active notifications seems to require a substantial nudge... Although, as you bring the phone up to your viewing angle it seems to activate every time.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Edit: my intent is to compliment the software. I see a big improvement... It's not in the change log that I've heard of but I might have missed that news

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Vastly enhanced active notifications on 4.4.4 (Verizon)

Haven't noticed a difference in that but the wave hand over the screen trick to see notifications is a neat change.

Quote Originally Posted by Photo_Drew View Post
    Haven't noticed a difference in that but the wave hand over the screen trick to see notifications is a neat change.

I was able to do this before the update to 4.4.4 (Verizon) with 4.4.2, seems a little more sensitive to that movement now though.

Mine seems to be the opposite of yours. It seems much more sensitive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderup View Post
    Yes, that's what I was trying to say. My device is now more sensitive to that with the 4.4.4 update.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by thunderup View Post
    Weird. I can now put my device on my desk and bring my fist down pretty hard to jostle the phone. The screen isn't turning on. But when I lift it, the screen immediately pulses... The difference isn't huge as compared to 4.4.2 but it is noticeable.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

I've noticed that it works more consistently so far. But that's about it. But my touchless controls are being super sensitive to the guys on the radio now. I need to redo that I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma View Post
    Weird. I can now put my device on my desk and bring my fist down pretty hard to jostle the phone. The screen isn't turning on. But when I lift it, the screen immediately pulses... The difference isn't huge as compared to 4.4.2 but it is noticeable.

That is strange. I can have it sitting on my coffee table, set a cup down close to it, and the clock will show up. Mine seems to activate with the slightest bit of motion or vibration.

Mine is stil sensitive like it was with 4.4.2 . Still lights up when my coffee cup touches the desk. When I pick up the phone up from having it face up real slow to see if I can fool the sensors, no way. Pulling it out of the holster always brings up the time or email or missed phone call notification..every time.
    I feel this is one of the best features about the Moto X that sets it apart from the rest.
    dmark44 likes this.