Can't Receive Text Messages

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Moto X on Verizon. No issues sending, but am not receiving replies. I don't believe it is the Verizon network, bc I am able to send texts and also make and receive calls. I know I am being replied to bc I have the Verizon messaging app on my Nexus 7 and can see the replies coming through....just not making it to my phone.

I have not made any adjustments to my text settings or downloaded anything on my phone.

Any suggestions? It's as if everything works perfect...except I cant receive texts.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
nope, I know about the whole iMessage deal. Never had one. Im on the phone with Big Red now but im not sure if they are going to be able to help me out.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I heard about the issue, its apparently due to the 4.4.4 software upgrade. So nothing you can do until Motorola fixes it.

I highly doubt that it has anything to do with the 4.4.4 update. My whole family has Moto X's on Verizon and have received the update. None of us have this issue. I was a soak tester, and on our private forum no one was complaining about this issue.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

frotis

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue starting today, I can't receive text messages, I can send them fine. I am running 4.4.4 with the default messaging App on Verizon.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Verizon told me it's the update and is building a case with Moto over it. I have been on the phone with them all day. I'm burnt out. They tried everything. Is there a way to revert to 4.4.2? Will a factory reset do it? I'll post more in the am...i am too tired to elaborate on my endless conversations all day.

Sent from my Moto X

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I highly doubt that it has anything to do with the 4.4.4 update. My whole family has Moto X's on Verizon and have received the update. None of us have this issue. I was a soak tester, and on our private forum no one was complaining about this issue.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

That's the thing... I have had the update since it was pushed and it just started happening now. I don't know what triggers it but i would knock on wood if i was you. Apparently it can start happening at any moment.

Sent from my Moto X

Ashish Rao

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I got my Moto X yesterday and a nono-SIM with my previous number.. I have been able to send and receive calls, but not texts.. could someone help me??

frotis

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I was on Tech support with Verizon yesterday for an hour, got escalated. Couldn't find a solution, they are going to send out a new SIM but I am doubtful it will fix anything because everything else on the phone works fine. Isn't the SIM just your ID to the network, if that was bad I would think Calls, 4G, sending texts wouldn't work either. I don't want to try a factory reset just yet.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
My wife has had issues with text messages with her now old iPhone on Verizon. Actually, it's the same problem the OP is having. So, I'm wondering if it is a problem with the network more than the phone itself. I know I originally blamed the iPhone for my wife's texting woes but not so sure now. Currently my Moto X, G3, and Droid 4 on my account are receiving texts. I will post here if that changes.

Sd67pwgme

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I was receiving and sending text messages for the longest time till three weeks ago then all of sudden
My boy friend haven't received my messages nor have a received His message's I cleaned up hang out all my messages are done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa