Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bc2k
  • 1 Post By edmicman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Some camera photos completely washed out on Moto X?

I discovered a strange problem today with some photos I've taken on my Verizon Moto X. Normally I haven't had any problems and have been very happy with the quality. I was going through my camera roll and realized I have a lot of photos that are completely blown out in colored gradients. I've attached a sample. Some camera photos completely washed out on Moto X?-uploadfromtaptalk1407642563775.jpg

These were all I think taken outside in bright sunlight. I have other photos taken under the same conditions that are fine. Unfortunately it appears that this has happened mutilple occasions over the past month or so, but sporadically since not all my photos are messed up.

I guess what I'm wondering is am I doing something wrong? Is there a bug somewhere? I haven't tried transferring any of them to a computer yet but they are messed up on the auto backup and after a reboot of the phone. Any ideas?

Default Re: Some camera photos completely washed out on Moto X?

Do you know if those were originally normal pictures that somehow got corrupted? Or do you think the camera went nuts and took a bunch odd nothing pics?

Pocket shots? I've seen similar things a couple times. In my case the camera woke up through my walking/running - must have moved the phone in an accidental double twist - and something I did registered as a touch on the screen. I have several nice, blurry shots of the inside of my pocket.
    B. Diddy and dmark44 like this.

Global Posts
    595 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bc2k View Post
    Pocket shots? I've seen similar things a couple times. In my case the camera woke up through my walking/running - must have moved the phone in an accidental double twist - and something I did registered as a touch on the screen. I have several nice, blurry shots of the inside of my pocket.
    Sounds plausible to me. I have this happen, too. Mine are usually really dark because i keep my flash off and wear jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNM84 View Post
    Sounds plausible to me. I have this happen, too. Mine are usually really dark because i keep my flash off and wear jeans.
    Same thing has happened with my Moto X a couple of times since taking 4.4.4. As far as I know, I'm not losing any photos that I intended to take. The ones I'm getting similar to those pictured I think are accidental pocket shots.

Looks like pocket shots.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Those look like the pocket shots I've gotten! Though mine have been several different color hues.

Sent from my Moto X
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Good call on the pocket shots! Apparently it did the double twist in my cargo pocket while doing yard work. There was even a 30 minute video taken where I heard conversations outside of pocket. Neat, more power to the moto x!

Thanks everyone for the tips!
    B. Diddy likes this.