Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Question Moto Maker Delivery Estimates Accurate?

All-

Any recent experience with Moto Maker orders? I'm curious if the delivery estimates are accurate. I'm in a pinch an need to be able to depend on the delivery.

I also noticed that they use different phrasing depending on where you are at on your order.

• The design page says: Estimated Delivery 5 Days
    • The checkout page says: Availability - In Stock Aug 15 2014

Those mean two different things to me.

Default Re: Moto Maker Delivery Estimates Accurate?

August 15th would be 5 days if you ordered it this weekend. I have had 3 delivered to me. The first one was in Feb and that arrived on the estimated delivery date. The other 2 came 1 day before the estimated delivery date. But I'm also in Dallas, so that might be a factor too. There are a few threads around here that mention deliveries quicker than estimated, but the original post was not about delivery time. Once it's shipped, you will get an email that you can track the package with. That is a much more reliable date that you can go on.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pdaniel219 View Post
    August 15th would be 5 days if you ordered it this weekend. I have had 3 delivered to me. The first one was in Feb and that arrived on the estimated delivery date. The other 2 came 1 day before the estimated delivery date. But I'm also in Dallas, so that might be a factor too. There are a few threads around here that mention deliveries quicker than estimated, but the original post was not about delivery time. Once it's shipped, you will get an email that you can track the package with. That is a much more reliable date that you can go on.

Thanks. I'm reading the dates as "Estimated Delivery" means in my hands whereas
    "Availability - In Stock" means ready to ship.

Oh! I get it. I got the same message when I ordered my last one, but it shipped the day after the order. It actually gave me a 12 day out "in Stock" quote. I have not heard anyone complaining about that deterring the shipping of the phone, but that doesn't mean it won't matter. Sorry I didn't clarify that. Hopefully you'll get the "shipped" email soon. Good luck.

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine arrived 4 days after I clicked the order button back in February. 1 day before the estimated delivery date.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro

When I ordered it, estimated arrival was Thursday 8/14...it is actually due for delivery tomorrow, 8/12. It's sitting in the depot since this morning, FedEx did not load it on local delivery truck. That is not Motorola's fault.