Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Moto Assist quit

So, since update to 4.4 Assist (when driving) will no longer announce " New text from ----. To hear it say Listen". Then "she" would read it, and ask if I want to reply, etc. None of that any more
    if I want to send a text, used to say "Send text to ---". She'd ask What's your message?" I'd say my message. She'd say " I think you said.... Is this correct?". Now it just shows the text without asking me anything. I've gone into settings, cleared cache and data, restarted, checked all other settings and nothing works. I really need this function!
    Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Default Re: Moto Assist quit

My bet is that driving mode is disabled. Both of those features are only available in driving mode.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Yes, in driving mode. Stopped working.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Has anyone else got any suggestions?

Guessing you already confirmed the volume setting isn't way down, yes?

If you haven't already done so, might try uninstall and re-install latest version of Assist from the Play store. Mine shows version 2.2.35, dated June 4.

Also might try revisiting your gps settings, toggle selection of high accuracy off then on.

Does Assist's 'Home' function work okay? If you select Home -> Talk To Me (similar to Driving) does it behave as desired? Should work the same as you described for driving.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bc2k View Post
    Guessing you already confirmed the volume setting isn't way down, yes?

If you haven't already done so, might try uninstall and re-install latest version of Assist from the Play store. Mine shows version 2.2.35, dated June 4.

Also might try revisiting your gps settings, toggle selection of high accuracy off then on.

Does Assist's 'Home' function work okay? If you select Home -> Talk To Me (similar to Driving) does it behave as desired? Should work the same as you described for driving.
    Thanks. I'll try the" home" function; had never enabled that one. Volume OK, GPS OK, I'll try the uninstall reinstall, too. Thanks

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

So, I tried all of the above. The "home" function doesn't work, either. Very frustrating because I used this daily.

When you're in driving or home modes do you see their notification icons? Mine show in upper left.

Also - do you hear other audio from the phone's speaker? In other words, does the lack of audible output seem to be limited to the Assist app?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bc2k View Post
    When you're in driving or home modes do you see their notification icons? Mine show in upper left.

Also - do you hear other audio from the phone's speaker? In other words, does the lack of audible output seem to be limited to the Assist app?
    Icons are visible for driving and sleeping modes. I haven't enabled meeting mode because I don't need that one. Volume/sound OK with everything else. To send a text, it will ask Do you want to send this? And I have to look at it because it no longer reads it aloud. Very puzzling.

Global Posts
    605 Global Posts

Home is hit or miss for me. In not a fan of high accuracy anyway but in the past Home would click on and off regularly. Assist is server-side based so it could be on Motorola's end.

Posted via Android Central App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Guess I'll have to learn to live without it. Maybe another update will fix it. LOL

Assist driving mode stopped working for me since the 4.4.4 update too.

Posted via the Android Central App

I got driving mode to work again. I cleared the cache partition (https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8696) and opened Assist, disabled driving mode, hit the back key to exit Assist, opened it again, and re-enabled driving mode. I did these right after each other, so not sure which one actually fixed it, but it was working now.
    Thanked by 2:
    bc2kLaineyc 

FYI update for Assist in the Play Store today. Doesn't say anything specifically about fixing Driving Mode but still.