Moto Assist quit

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So, since update to 4.4 Assist (when driving) will no longer announce " New text from ----. To hear it say Listen". Then "she" would read it, and ask if I want to reply, etc. None of that any more
if I want to send a text, used to say "Send text to ---". She'd ask What's your message?" I'd say my message. She'd say " I think you said.... Is this correct?". Now it just shows the text without asking me anything. I've gone into settings, cleared cache and data, restarted, checked all other settings and nothing works. I really need this function!
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
My bet is that driving mode is disabled. Both of those features are only available in driving mode.

Posted via Android Central App

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Guessing you already confirmed the volume setting isn't way down, yes?

If you haven't already done so, might try uninstall and re-install latest version of Assist from the Play store. Mine shows version 2.2.35, dated June 4.

Also might try revisiting your gps settings, toggle selection of high accuracy off then on.

Does Assist's 'Home' function work okay? If you select Home -> Talk To Me (similar to Driving) does it behave as desired? Should work the same as you described for driving.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Guessing you already confirmed the volume setting isn't way down, yes?

If you haven't already done so, might try uninstall and re-install latest version of Assist from the Play store. Mine shows version 2.2.35, dated June 4.

Also might try revisiting your gps settings, toggle selection of high accuracy off then on.

Does Assist's 'Home' function work okay? If you select Home -> Talk To Me (similar to Driving) does it behave as desired? Should work the same as you described for driving.

Thanks. I'll try the" home" function; had never enabled that one. Volume OK, GPS OK, I'll try the uninstall reinstall, too. Thanks:)

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So, I tried all of the above. The "home" function doesn't work, either. Very frustrating because I used this daily.

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
When you're in driving or home modes do you see their notification icons? Mine show in upper left.

Also - do you hear other audio from the phone's speaker? In other words, does the lack of audible output seem to be limited to the Assist app?

Last edited:

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
When you're in driving or home modes do you see their notification icons? Mine show in upper left.

Also - do you hear other audio from the phone's speaker? In other words, does the lack of audible output seem to be limited to the Assist app?

Icons are visible for driving and sleeping modes. I haven't enabled meeting mode because I don't need that one. Volume/sound OK with everything else. To send a text, it will ask Do you want to send this? And I have to look at it because it no longer reads it aloud. Very puzzling.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Home is hit or miss for me. In not a fan of high accuracy anyway but in the past Home would click on and off regularly. Assist is server-side based so it could be on Motorola's end.

Posted via Android Central App

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Guess I'll have to learn to live without it. Maybe another update will fix it. LOL

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
FYI update for Assist in the Play Store today. Doesn't say anything specifically about fixing Driving Mode but still.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37