Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WiFi Radio?

Still on my Razr Maxx & planning to upgrade when the successors to the current Maxx & Moto X are released soon. Can anyone with a current Moto X tell me whether it has a 5 GHz capable wifi radio - and - is there any buzz about the newer AC wifi standard? On my present Maxx, I'm limited to the 2.4 GHz band and therefore, limited speeds to match.

Default Re: WiFi Radio?

Quote Originally Posted by maxman1 View Post
    Still on my Razr Maxx & planning to upgrade when the successors to the current Maxx & Moto X are released soon. Can anyone with a current Moto X tell me whether it has a 5 GHz capable wifi radio - and - is there any buzz about the newer AC wifi standard? On my present Maxx, I'm limited to the 2.4 GHz band and therefore, limited speeds to match.
    Dual band WiFi? Yes!
    802.11ac? Yes.

Here is a screenshot on what you should expect assuming you have a good fast connection.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Outstanding! I knew the iPhone 5 & some Samsung models had dual band but had no idea the X had AC capability.

Moto has had it in their phones wince the Atrix 4G in 2011ish.