Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By hisense
  • 1 Post By ProParkour
  • 1 Post By KWKSLVR
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Turbo Fast Via The Animations Scale Setting (one click speed enhancement)

Within Developer options (which you have but may be hidden)(rapidly press the Settings▶About Phone▶Build Number. Then exit one screen back and see it in the list) you can change the speed of animations. This means you can make things move visually faster.

Settings▶Developer Options▶Window Animation Scale .5x▶Transition Scale .5x, Animation duration.

Notice a UI speed increase now.
    Brady KEITH likes this.

Default Re: Turbo Fast Via The Animations Scale Setting (one click speed enhancement)

Just did this after reading your post. Definitely notice a difference immediately! Will this effect the battery life at all? And will it be for better or worse?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Turbo Fast Via The Animations Scale Setting (one click speed enhancement)

These are settings that are commonly set to .5 in custom ROMs to fool newbs into thinking the ROM is faster than stock. Not all need to do this but it is a common practice.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    These sre settings that are commonly set to .5 in custom ROMs and fool newbs into thinking the ROM is faster than stock. Not all need to do this but it is a common practice.
    I know and I cannot stand when the developer claims the rom is faster and when I look the animation scale is changed.

I keep mine set to off. I've got no need for animation. Doesn't do anything other than look pretty.

Brady KEITH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ProParkour View Post
    I keep mine set to off. I've got no need for animation. Doesn't do anything other than look pretty.
    This is a joke, right?
    It's my immaturity that keeps me young.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaGary View Post
    This is a joke, right?
    Not at all. I don't like the animations, so I turned them off. Having them off doesn't change my performance at all so why keep them on?

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProParkour View Post

I keep mine off as well.

Brady KEITH likes this.