Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,495 Global Posts

Default Play Store: Motorola Assist Update (2.3.15), Fixes for voice reply while driving, Calendar

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...al.smartrules2

What's New
    • Important bug fixes for calendar and voice reply.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,495 Global Posts

Default Re: Play Store: Motorola Assist Update (2.3.15), Fixes for voice reply while driving, Calendar

More update from Mark Rose on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+MarkRose/posts/A8AG1V8JfsR

We’ve made some important bug fixes which you’ll find in today’s Play Store updates for Motorola Assist.

• If you upgraded to Android 4.4.4, you may have had some problems with voice reply while driving. Bug squashed.
    • If you use multiple calendars, you may have had some problems with meeting mode. Bug squashed.
    • And some other minor bugs, which didn’t deserve any limelight. RIP.

Stay tuned for more exciting updates from Motorola (especially in early September)!
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Default Assist 8/20 update, get it!

From Mark Rose:

We’ve made some important bug fixes which you’ll find in today’s Play Store updates for Motorola Assist.*

- *If you upgraded to Android 4.4.4, you may have had some problems with voice reply while driving. * Bug squashed.

- If you use multiple calendars, you may have had some problems with meeting mode. *Bug squashed.*

- *And some other minor bugs, which didn’t deserve any limelight. *RIP. * * *
    Stay tuned for more exciting updates from Motorola (especially in early September)!

Global Posts
    8,895 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Assist 8/20 update, get it!

Thanks for sharing
    Don't think my dad uses any of these features on his Moto X, but I'll make sure to update it anyway
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    20,832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Good to hear. The Assist app is pretty versatile and I like it.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Well, I was really happy to see this because Assist stopped working for me. I installed this update last night, and none of those "bugs" were fixed for me. I've also been on line with Motorola support and having no luck.

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

I was hopeful that this update would fix the ongoing issues I've had with Meeting Mode and appointments on alternate calendars (an issue which began after an update earlier this year); unfortunately, like Laineyc, it's still not working for me.

How can we get this issue escalated?

Default Re: Play Store: Motorola Assist Update (2.3.15), Fixes for voice reply while driving, Calendar

Same here. Meeting mode works on Google calendar but not on Exchange meetings, which are the ones i actually need it for (work).

Posted via Android Central App

This update didn't solve the issues I'm having with replying to texts while driving, unfortunately.

My thread about Moto Assist issues: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...eally-low.html
    Current Device: Moto X VZW
    Previous: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid
    Before Android: Palm Pre, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry Pearl, iPhone (Original), Sidekick XL

Just held a Hangout exchange with wife...7 texts from each of us and I never touched my X. Volume was fine, too.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laineyc View Post
    Well, I was really happy to see this because Assist stopped working for me. I installed this update last night, and none of those "bugs" were fixed for me. I've also been on line with Motorola support and having no luck.

Here's an update. Assist worked today, just the way it used to! Unbelievable, and I hope it continues. I have no idea which fix worked.