Answer Calls with touchless command?

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I do not have a Moto X (I use a LG G2), but I am looking for a phone, to replace a very old Verizon phone, for a friend who is a quadriplegic. From what I have read about touchless commands with the Moto X, she would be able to make a phone call or send a text using voice commands (tell me if that is not correct), but can she answer an incoming call?

Right now, to use her phone, someone has to make or answer the call and hold the phone for her. It would be nice if she could make calls herself via some sort of voice commands with the phone sitting on her lap desk. She does use and iPad, with a mouth stick stylus, and can use Skype, but would like to be able to call using a phone, as well as being able to send texts.

If the Moto X can do this, or if you are aware of a phone that can, we would really appreciate your input.

Thank you!

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes, using Assist you make and receive calls just by talking out loud. You can send and respond to texts as well just by talking out loud. There is a phone assist computer voice that reads aloud your received text and you can respond with a text back...again all through voice commands.

Its not flawless but works near perfect 93% of the time.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Phone calls cannot be answered by voice unless in driving mode. Texts will not be read aloud unless in driving mode.

However with Touchles Control she will be able to place calls with her voice and send texts with her voice. It can also be set to automatically place calls with speaker phone. It will be the best phone on the market for her in my honest opinion

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Not true. Update your Assist App and turn on At Home feature.

YouTube has a demo of this in action. I can't post links here yet as I am new. So search for Watch "Moto X touch less (voice) commands for call and …" on YouTube

Note. I was able to add the link but only as a new thread. So please look for it in a new thread here. Not sure why seems like a bug in my profile.

Last edited:

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Phone calls cannot be answered by voice unless in driving mode. Texts will not be read aloud unless in driving mode.

However with Touchles Control she will be able to place calls with her voice and send texts with her voice. It can also be set to automatically place calls with speaker phone. It will be the best phone on the market for her in my honest opinion
I use the At Home feature in Assist and in fact it does read aloud (or ignore if wanted) incoming texts and offers to reply all by voice. Incoming calls can also be answered (or ignored) by voice and the speakerphone is automatically activated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv