Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By UJ95x
  • 2 Post By warfare003
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X after one year - my thoughts

Hey everyone,

With the impending release of Moto X+1, price drops and now motorola offering free wooden back for moto x until august 21st - I thought i'd share my likes/dislikes about the phone after using it for a year.

Pros:
    Battery life - probably my favorite part about this phone
    Android performance - really smooth switching between apps, opening/closing, menus etc. Rarely do i experience major / long slowdowns, just the occasional one which is pretty good for a 1 year phone.
    Features - active notifications is great. motorola connect is really handy for me especially at work since i am at the desk. touchless controls is nice to use in the car. wrist flick for camera is awesome.
    Build quality feels pretty solid still, thin sleek...

Cons:
    CAMERA - washed up images, colors are so dull ...by far the worst part of the phone...please fix in the Moto X+1!!
    touchless controls is fickle - not really a moto X problem but more of a google now issue - doesn't always do what you want to do or takes a couple tries to activate.

Personal / Neutral Issues:
    Screen Size I like this 4.7" screen. It is great for single handed use. I actualyl found my S3 to be a tad too long for my thumb to reach the notification bar..but this is a personal preference.

Overall I think this is a really solid phone and probably my favorite phone AFTER a full year of use. I know I have had too many phones where the battery starts draining or performance just slowed to a crawl after a year and just having that NOT happen ...gives the moto X a big thumbs up in my book.

If you need more information, you can check out this video on my Moto X after using it for a year here:

Anyways, hope that helps you make a decision and let me know if you have any questions

Cheers,
    Ken
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Moto X after one year - my thoughts

Agree completely. I'd still take the Moto X over any phone currently available, despite the poor camera quality. Hopefully the X+1 fixes that
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Pollster, dmark44 and efstuck like this.

Every year I tend to buy the new Galaxy S and then another random phone from someone else that I feel is better. Bought the Moto X and didn't buy the S5. I just felt like it's feature set was irreplaceable.
    Snake Griffin and efstuck like this.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

I bought the Moto X on launch day, tried a Galaxy S4 and HTC One M8 and went back to the Moto each time. The Moto size is really about perfect, and the Moto is just a lot more useful. Active notifications are helpful and voice controls are just so much better than other Android options. The only downside is the camera, and it's been improving a bit with updates.

The bottom line (for me) is that the Moto is the best all-rounder still!

Posted via the Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I've tried the Galaxy and iPhone's but i'm itching to try something new. Phablet, HTC One, LG G3, Oneplus one. Soon soon...

Don't get me wrong, i love my moto x..i just..like man-toys.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    ROM
    CMod 7.2

Nice review, Ken ... appreciate the effort!
    "Wise men still seek Him ... "
    Thanked by: