Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Voice to Text keeps duplicating!

literally every time I do voice to text to send a text message I will send that text and then the entire thing I "wrote" comes up in the text dialog box again and I have to delete it, driving me crazy, any tips?

Default Re: Voice to Text keeps duplicating!

This started happening to me too about a week ago, no clue why. It doesn't happen every time but enough to be annoying. Any fixes would be appreciated.

This appears to be related to the voice to text issue that I posted about earlier this week. I have also noticed this happening. It seems that if you do a text with voice to text and it doesn't complete the sentence, after you send what you have text field repeats with the complete sentence. Here is the post that I made describing it:

Speech to Text not as good as it was

I haven't been able to associate it with any recent update, so I'm unable to uninstall updates or try to otherwise fix the problem that I'm having.

Posted via Android Central App

Me too, it is frustrating

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by jmettee View Post
    This appears to be related to the voice to text issue that I posted about earlier this week. I have also noticed this happening. It seems that if you do a text with voice to text and it doesn't complete the sentence, after you send what you have text field repeats with the complete sentence. Here is the post that I made describing it:

Speech to Text not as good as it was - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I haven't been able to associate it with any recent update, so I'm unable to uninstall updates or try to otherwise fix the problem that I'm having.

Posted via Android Central App
    I am having the same issue. The systems hangs up on the last word and punctuation of the sentence you are dictating and if you try to send the text when the systems hangs it will repeat in it's entirety on the next field. Only work around is to tap the pause when the systems hangs. This will force it to complete the sentence and you can send your text without it repeating on the next field.

Global Posts
    744 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

What service providers are you guys with this issue on? What specific apps are you seeing this on? I'm on Verizon & have not had this issue you are reporting. I use voice to text for SMS, IM, email, Google keep etc all the time with no issues. Stock Moto X, 4.4.4.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

I'm on Verizon.

I am on AT&T running 4.4.4 and use both the stock SMS app and email app. It happens on both.

Global Posts
    744 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Interesting. I use hangouts for SMS & IM. I use the Gmail app and the Hotmail app for my email. I wonder why some phones are having this problem.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

Same issue here, Verizon Galaxy S4. Last work of voice to text takes forever to complete and sometimes I hit send and the exact line I just sent shows back up in the send space. One thing, I remember seeing this years ago on my Droid 3.

I use Hangouts and Textra, but it did this using Hello also.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Happens to me too. Getting frustrated. I'm on Verizon.
    Wife has the same phone bought at the same time with the same software and not having a problem.

This was happening to me on my GS4 but now on my Moto X is seems worse.

Posted via the Android Central App

Did anyone find a solution to the speech-to-text results duplicating itself?

I'm having same issue. Totally lame.

G

Quote Originally Posted by liamfinn8888 View Post
    literally every time I do voice to text to send a text message I will send that text and then the entire thing I "wrote" comes up in the text dialog box again and I have to delete it, driving me crazy, any tips?
    Are you or anyone else with this problem using Google Voice by chance?

I thought it was a setting on the phone... but, I cannot find anything that changes the poor performance (both slow and poorly accurate)... and the random duplication are a giant pain in the ***.

What is going on?? I am assuming Google is aware that something has broke, right?

Global Posts
    1,683 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Looking at something I posted I've apparently had this problem since 2012 on several different phones. I'm currently on a Verizon Droid Turbo. Its super annoying. Its not app specific. Any solutions? Anyone call Verizon?

actually, when i tap the pause button is when the text duplicates. Amazing how unusable voice to text is right now. Whatever they did completely eliminated one of the phone's features.

same problem here. It either hangs up on the last word, or duplicates when i hit the mic button, or both... no solutions of course.

Sorry to post on an old thread, but this is the top result on Google when searching "text to speech" + duplicate. It also seems like this is popping up on a few more devices around the web lately. This started happening to me about a month ago if I recall correctly. I haven't updated firmwares recently. This bug seems to be across very select apps, and doesn't always want to show up. Some people were blaming Google Talkback*, but even with it uninstalled and a reboot this problem prosiest. I know people always want to blame the custom ROM any time something goes wrong (because usually IT IS the ROM) but this has been a very stable mod, and as shown above this is happening on a lot of devices most all claim to be stock. For me I have had this happen on G-Mail, ChompSMS, and Clash of Clans that I know of for sure. It seems to only do this if I tap the microphone after it has displayed the text. Usually I would retrain myself to tap the keyboard (instead of the microphone) when I'm done speaking, but my Bluetooth isn't that smart. Also, It doesn't always mess up, even when using the method above.

*Please note, I do not use the Google Talkback feature. It is bloatware I haven't felt compelled to remove.

Spec:
    Build NF9

Why do people keep saying they have the same problem. DUH. We need an answer.

Global Posts
    1,683 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by The5thSunday View Post
    Why do people keep saying they have the same problem. DUH. We need an answer.
    Maybe to bump the thread because we aren't getting an answer?

Bump, Same problem here.

Happening to me on htc one m7, Verizon, and NEVER happened til recent. No idea what the variable is.

I'm using a Galaxy S5 with Verizon and this has been driving me nuts for several months! I always use a Bluetooth headset and was even thinking that maybe it was picking up my voice from the mic on my headset and the phone. I quickly realized that this made no difference. I did a lot of research online and someone had mentioned something about disabling security software because it may be checking your messages or something? So, I decided to disable the "Support and Protection" in the application manager. For the moment, this seems to have corrected the problem. I don't know if it will stay this way but we'll see. If this doesn't work, I'm running out of options and hopefully someone finds the answer!

Sorry for wasting anybody's time...I actually thought disabling the security software fixed the problem but naturally, it started back up again.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast