Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Voice to Text keeps duplicating!

literally every time I do voice to text to send a text message I will send that text and then the entire thing I "wrote" comes up in the text dialog box again and I have to delete it, driving me crazy, any tips?

Default Re: Voice to Text keeps duplicating!

This started happening to me too about a week ago, no clue why. It doesn't happen every time but enough to be annoying. Any fixes would be appreciated.

This appears to be related to the voice to text issue that I posted about earlier this week. I have also noticed this happening. It seems that if you do a text with voice to text and it doesn't complete the sentence, after you send what you have text field repeats with the complete sentence. Here is the post that I made describing it:

Speech to Text not as good as it was

I haven't been able to associate it with any recent update, so I'm unable to uninstall updates or try to otherwise fix the problem that I'm having.

Posted via Android Central App

Me too, it is frustrating

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by jmettee View Post
    This appears to be related to the voice to text issue that I posted about earlier this week. I have also noticed this happening. It seems that if you do a text with voice to text and it doesn't complete the sentence, after you send what you have text field repeats with the complete sentence. Here is the post that I made describing it:

Speech to Text not as good as it was - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I haven't been able to associate it with any recent update, so I'm unable to uninstall updates or try to otherwise fix the problem that I'm having.

Posted via Android Central App
    I am having the same issue. The systems hangs up on the last word and punctuation of the sentence you are dictating and if you try to send the text when the systems hangs it will repeat in it's entirety on the next field. Only work around is to tap the pause when the systems hangs. This will force it to complete the sentence and you can send your text without it repeating on the next field.

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

What service providers are you guys with this issue on? What specific apps are you seeing this on? I'm on Verizon & have not had this issue you are reporting. I use voice to text for SMS, IM, email, Google keep etc all the time with no issues. Stock Moto X, 4.4.4.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro

I'm on Verizon.

I am on AT&T running 4.4.4 and use both the stock SMS app and email app. It happens on both.

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Interesting. I use hangouts for SMS & IM. I use the Gmail app and the Hotmail app for my email. I wonder why some phones are having this problem.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro

Same issue here, Verizon Galaxy S4. Last work of voice to text takes forever to complete and sometimes I hit send and the exact line I just sent shows back up in the send space. One thing, I remember seeing this years ago on my Droid 3.

I use Hangouts and Textra, but it did this using Hello also.

Happens to me too. Getting frustrated. I'm on Verizon.
    Wife has the same phone bought at the same time with the same software and not having a problem.

This was happening to me on my GS4 but now on my Moto X is seems worse.

Posted via the Android Central App