Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default SwiftKey keyboard

    Hi all, I have a question for everyone... Does anyone here using SwiftKey keyboard at all? And so does anyone know why you so much RAM memory to run it always crashes. Or as always I get it blacking out a theme on top of the keyboard, and blacks itself out and needs time to reset itself. Does anyone else experience this ? Thanks!

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    I've used SwiftKey on multiple devices for long time and the only problem I've never had is lag when opening after they added emoji.

    Sent from my XT1060
  3. #3  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Are you using a task manager for your device? If you are, and the app is using a high amount of RAM, it may be force closing it. Does it happen with other keyboards or just SK?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  4. #4  

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    I've been using Swiftkey for years on my phones and haven't had any issues at all other than occasional lag.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Are you using a task manager for your device? If you are, and the app is using a high amount of RAM, it may be force closing it. Does it happen with other keyboards or just SK?
    Now it only happens with SwiftKey unfortunately! I love the keyboard! It's just that it crashes so often I'm running stock rom I'm not rooted anymore... I'm in Renton, I'm running an orange theme over SwiftKey, but even before they made their custom themes for the keyboard, the keyboard with the same freakin why it crashes a lot in any given application email, text, whatever it is. I love the algorithms at the use for predictions of course but its almost getting so annoying and there's no discussion forum to post anything in the Google Play Store. So he can do is go to their website and see what other users are saying about it that doesn't help me much. There's no response email that I can send them either.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by eric002 View Post
    Now it only happens with SwiftKey unfortunately! I love the keyboard! It's just that it crashes so often I'm running stock rom I'm not rooted anymore... I'm in Renton, I'm running an orange theme over SwiftKey, but even before they made their custom themes for the keyboard, the keyboard with the same freakin why it crashes a lot in any given application email, text, whatever it is. I love the algorithms at the use for predictions of course but its almost getting so annoying and there's no discussion forum to post anything in the Google Play Store. So he can do is go to their website and see what other users are saying about it that doesn't help me much. There's no response email that I can send them either.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Are you using a task manager though?
    Anyway...you can email the developer here: SwiftKey - Contact us
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Are you using a task manager though?
    Anyway...you can email the developer here: SwiftKey - Contact us
    I'm not but at the same time, SwiftKey constantly uses more memory than it probably should. It uses as much memory as Facebook does and it's just a keyboard.. I find that interesting... Thanks for the link though. I appreciate it.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Are you using a task manager though?
    Anyway...you can email the developer here: SwiftKey - Contact us
    I have actually seen that link before but again , there's no easy way to contact SwiftKey for some reason.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    I used Swiftkey for a long time but stopped using it several months ago due to a problem with haptic feedback. The vibrate on key press would constantly stop and start in the middle of typing. Very annoying. I emailed Swiftkey and they replied and acknowledged the issue but it hasn't been fixed in any of their latest updates. I've been using google keyboard in the meantime and have been mostly happy. The only thing I miss from Swiftkey is the top number row.
  10. #10  
    weksa's Avatar

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    eric002, have you tried clearing app cache & data, uninstalling, and then reinstalling? Did any of this possibly happen after you updated Android?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by eric002 View Post
    I have actually seen that link before but again , there's no easy way to contact SwiftKey for some reason.

    Posted via Android Central App
    How is this not an easy way to contact SwiftKey? 😕
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsaucev2 View Post
    How is this not an easy way to contact SwiftKey? 😕
    Actually technically speaking, when you're on the Swiftkey website, they have you fill out an email form and you can't even filling out if you're using the SwiftKey keyboard verses of the products to use. As far as have I try to clear cache? Yes I've even tried to uninstall the keyboard once or twice but even the past time that I used to lift you have to send me like this use the algorithms for the keyboard works great, predictions are wonderful. But the pop-up time is very delayed other people right, and it crashes a lot... I'm not trying to Google keyboard again and I'm not unhappy with it so far... The only thing I miss is the theme of it that SwiftKey offered but I'll deal with it for now I guess...

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. #13  

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Well.. I'm thoroughly confused. Do you proofread before you post regardless of what keyboard you are using? A lot of your posts are difficult to follow

    Sent from my XT1060
    jephanie likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsaucev2 View Post
    Well.. I'm thoroughly confused. Do you proofread before you post regardless of what keyboard you are using? A lot of your posts are difficult to follow

    Sent from my XT1060
    Actually no they're not hard to follow I'm using Google Voice typing and everything thoroughly laid out for you...anyways, regardless, I have just uninstalled the Swiftkey keyboard and of course,the google keyboard is working much faster without a doubt!

    Posted via Android Central App
  15. #15  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by eric002 View Post
    Actually no they're not hard to follow I'm using Google Voice typing and everything thoroughly laid out for you...anyways, regardless, I have just uninstalled the Swiftkey keyboard and of course,the google keyboard is working much faster without a doubt!

    Posted via Android Central App
    I'm not sure if there are any other keyboards that have themes. But at least it's working now

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    I'm not sure if there are any other keyboards that have themes. But at least it's working now

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    Yes yes absolutely thankfully it's working better now with the popup delay and it takes much less RAM memory to run excetera excetera...

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. #17  
    weksa's Avatar

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Sorry you couldn't get swiftkey to work for you. I'm out of ideas.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by weksa View Post
    Sorry you couldn't get swiftkey to work for you. I'm out of ideas.
    Yeah me too.. Oh well..I mean it's a nice keyboard, just buggy, and slow unfortunately...

    Posted via Android Central App
  19. #19  

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by eric002 View Post
    Actually no they're not hard to follow I'm using Google Voice typing and everything thoroughly laid out for you...anyways, regardless, I have just uninstalled the Swiftkey keyboard and of course,the google keyboard is working much faster without a doubt!

    Posted via Android Central App
    Xposed framework for moto X
    Does this ring any bells lol
    dmark44 likes this.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsaucev2 View Post
    Xposed framework for moto X
    Does this ring any bells lol
    No, furthermore, that was when I had readed xposed framework on my moto x.. Completely different topic. Just saying...

    Posted via Android Central App
  21. #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eric002 View Post
    No, furthermore, that was when I had readed xposed framework on my moto x.. Completely different topic. Just saying...

    Posted via Android Central App
    You had 'readed' xposed? I realize it's a different topic, I linked the damn thing. Point being your english is nonsensical at best as evidenced in the thread I linked plus another forum member pointed out the same issue I am now
    Did you read post #3 in that thread?
  22. #22  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eric002 View Post
    No, furthermore, that was when I had readed xposed framework on my moto x.. Completely different topic. Just saying...

    Posted via Android Central App
    I think he was referring to the auto correct. Anyway, that's off topic. Let us know if you need help with anything else. See you around the forums

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsaucev2 View Post
    You had 'readed' xposed? I realize it's a different topic, I linked the damn thing. Point being your english is nonsensical at best as evidenced in the thread I linked plus another forum member pointed out the same issue I am now
    Did you read post #3 in that thread?
    I was referring to the auto correct! And my English is fine thank you very much I don't need the sarcasm have a good day

    Posted via Android Central App
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    I think he was referring to the auto correct. Anyway, that's off topic. Let us know if you need help with anything else. See you around the forums

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    Yes haha thanks I was referring to the auto correct but oh well I guess if the keyboard works, it works. Thanks to all who had helpful responses.

    Posted via Android Central App
    UJ95x likes this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: SwiftKey keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by eric002 View Post
    I was referring to the auto correct! And my English is fine thank you very much I don't need the sarcasm have a good day

    Posted via Android Central App
    I'm having a fantastic day, thank you

    Sent from my XT1060
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-24-2014, 08:45 PM
  2. Using FB messenger app = laggy keyboard?
    By Timm4y77 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-22-2014, 01:51 AM
  3. Shifting keyboard language in samsung tab s
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2014, 02:09 PM
  4. Galaxy S5 Keyboard Problem
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2014, 11:56 AM
  5. SwiftKey questions.
    By barth2 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2014, 09:15 AM

Posting Permissions