Voice commands not working
If I use the touch less voice feature ("OK, Google Now") to initiate a voice command, the phone properly recognizes my voice and shows the translated search text on the screen. But it pauses for about 5-10 seconds and then always results in "Can't reach Google at the moment." I have strong WiFi and LTE connections. Yet If I tap the microphone icon on this error screen and repeat the search using Google's dialog, the search always works. Or, if I tap the voice search from the Google Now screen, it also always works.
So it seems what whatever handoff from Moto's voice search to Google's search stopped working.
Anyone else have this problem?
- 08-23-2014, 04:15 PM #2
Fixed it. I went into the app manager, found Google Search, and deleted all the updates. As soon as I did that voice search went back to normal and works every time again.
And, as soon as I reinstall the Google Search updates, the problems return. Let's hope Google fixes this soon!
Posted via the Android Central App
- By denimknight in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 16Last Post: 09-05-2015, 07:00 AM
- By stater354 in forum Samsung Galaxy LightReplies: 2Last Post: 09-07-2014, 03:36 PM
- By newtda513 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 1Last Post: 08-23-2014, 09:16 PM
- By MNC4mykids in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-23-2014, 02:30 PM
- By pb2222 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-23-2014, 01:51 PM