Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By planoman
  • 5 Post By hisense
  • 2 Post By Ashley_Renee79
  • 2 Post By Cindy B1
  • 1 Post By Snake Griffin
  • 1 Post By PapaGary
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Getting Bored

    OK call me crazy but I am getting bored with my Moto X. I have had so many smart phones in the last 2 years(iPhone 4s and 5, S3, note 2, S4, HTC One). I love the moto x in so many ways but at the same time getting bored. It works flawlessly and the active notifications rock. Am I crazy for wanting to look for something else? What can I do to freshen it up? I have not rooted or unlocked the phone.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    Go try a Windows Phone or a Blackberry.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley_Renee79 View Post
    OK call me crazy but I am getting bored with my Moto X. I have had so many smart phones in the last 2 years(iPhone 4s and 5, S3, note 2, S4, HTC One). I love the moto x in so many ways but at the same time getting bored. It works flawlessly and the active notifications rock. Am I crazy for wanting to look for something else? What can I do to freshen it up? I have not rooted or unlocked the phone.



    Posted via the Android Central App
    Wait a few weeks to see what the X+1 brings.
    Galaxy S6 ACTIVE, Zenfone 2, Galaxy S6 (64GB), Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB 2014 Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
    mhettrich likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    Go ahead and try something else. Based on your history nothing is going to truly satisfy you. And as long as you can afford the expense just keep jumping to the next thing that catches your eye.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    Wow Hisense, that was harsh. I have just been lucky and haven't actually paid out of pocket for a phone since my 4s, and that was paid for using $ from selling a phone I owned. I have been lucky enough to find amazing deals and make some trades. I was also asking if anyone has done any mods or hacks to their phone to add some variety.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    brick58 and bc2k like this.
  6. #6  
    Evilnut's Avatar

    Posts
    484 Posts
    Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    The next Moto X is coming very soon. If you can hold out to see what it offers, I'm almost willing to bet that will be your next phone.

    Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App
    Tim
    Moto X
    Nexus 10
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    If you want to change up the look a bit, a new launcher, theme/wallpaper, and/or icon pack go a long way towards changing the look without too much work.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    Quote Originally Posted by RizaHawkeye View Post
    If you want to change up the look a bit, a new launcher, theme/wallpaper, and/or icon pack go a long way towards changing the look without too much work.

    +1

    Change your run time to ART.... I am ATT 4.4.4 and ART is working flawless for me, seems to pepped up the phone and battery is lasting longer too.

    I am running Nova launcher and I have all my animation speeds increased in both Nova and Android under developer options. Phone responds very lively.

    Couple of other changes I made that have made the phone more useable...... I am not a fan of the stock dialer/contact in stock android.... replaced it with Dialer One. Same with my SMS client using Textra.

    Good luck hope one of these suggestions help
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    I am running a totally stock phone as well.
    I do have Nova Prime as my launcher though. I have had Nova Prime on the phone for almost as long as I had the phone.
    I can set how many Home screens I have by using a setting in Nova Prime as well as remove the Google Persistance Search Bar.
    I'm going to check out the info as it becomes available on the Moto X+1,it may be my next phone.
  10. #10  
  11. #11  
    kmf1's Avatar

    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

    Default

    How about the Motorola Droid Turbo coming out later this fall. Some pretty impressive specs
    Sent using my Moto Droid Turbo BN 64G
  12. #12  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    25,673 Posts
    Global Posts
    26,116 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley_Renee79 View Post
    I was also asking if anyone has done any mods or hacks to their phone to add some variety.
    Root, install a custom recovery, create a Nandroid backup of your current ROM, and install Xposed Framework. That will allow you to drastically change things like the navigation button arrangement, color, along with the status bar color and set up. I did that and had blaze orange, grey, Sapphire blue, lime green, crimson, just to name a few.

    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    I think you should spend more time to play with your phone more (like trying to root, develop,...)!! I know we, as people, easily get bored about something when we get used to it. You are the same with me! However, imo, spending more time online and researching new techniques about my phone keep things more interesting! You should try it
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    What about it bores you? It's not a video game console. It can't do performances for you. I agree that you probably bore easily (regarding this type of thing) or you would not constantly be looking for a new phone. I am curious what kind of "variety" would be added by hacking or modding the phone. Would it "do" more interesting things or still just make phone calls, emails, text messages, music.....Perhaps you need a different kind of toy such as a fitbit, or they have these sports trainer things to help with your golf swing etc. The Verizon store near me is a "smart" store and they have some neat accessories.

    I like when it reads me my text messages so I can listen to them when my hands are busy (working or cleaning). I sometimes do ask it "what's up" but my life is pretty quiet, so not much is usually up. Maybe you just need more people to text and email you all day.
    dmark44 and weksa like this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    The next Moto X is coming very soon.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    Hi there everyone!

    I am new here but am excited because I love finding out about new apps for the Android and sharing about the ones that I like!
  17. #17  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    25,673 Posts
    Global Posts
    26,116 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    Quote Originally Posted by mygntp View Post
    Hi there everyone!

    I am new here but am excited because I love finding out about new apps for the Android and sharing about the ones that I like!
    Hello! Have you made a thread in the intro section?

    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    Quote Originally Posted by firedoug View Post
    +1

    Change your run time to ART.... I am ATT 4.4.4 and ART is working flawless for me, seems to pepped up the phone and battery is lasting longer too.

    I am running Nova launcher and I have all my animation speeds increased in both Nova and Android under developer options. Phone responds very lively.

    Couple of other changes I made that have made the phone more useable...... I am not a fan of the stock dialer/contact in stock android.... replaced it with Dialer One. Same with my SMS client using Textra.

    Good luck hope one of these suggestions help
    Yup, these are good suggestions.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley_Renee79 View Post
    Wow Hisense, that was harsh. I have just been lucky and haven't actually paid out of pocket for a phone since my 4s, and that was paid for using $ from selling a phone I owned. I have been lucky enough to find amazing deals and make some trades. I was also asking if anyone has done any mods or hacks to their phone to add some variety.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Sorry about that. Did not mean to be harsh. But I now see how my response came across, etc. Honestly, meant that some folks like to experiment and as long as one has the funds nothing wrong with trying new devices.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    Get a new case, maybe it makes you feel like different phone
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    Quote Originally Posted by mygntp View Post
    Hi there everyone!

    I am new here but am excited because I love finding out about new apps for the Android and sharing about the ones that I like!
    What just happened here?
    cug1989 likes this.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Getting Bored

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Griffin View Post
    What just happened here?
    Spammer in training?
    It's my immaturity that keeps me young.
    cug1989 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-01-2014, 07:12 PM
  2. a real head scratcher! cant get rid of text signature
    By nickoutking in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2014, 04:53 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2014, 02:23 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2014, 07:04 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2014, 04:52 AM

Posting Permissions