Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Self-Serve app?

This "Self-Serve" app or what ever it is just appeared on my home screen. I have no idea what it is and am afraid to click on it. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Self-Serve app?-11113.jpg  

Default Re: Self-Serve app?

I have not seen that before.....

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    schulzjt likes this.

I've never seen that before either. Do you have the auto creation of shortcuts on when you download a new app? If so it may be from something that you downloaded recently.
    schulzjt likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by delrey1900 View Post
    I've never seen that before either. Do you have the auto creation of shortcuts on when you download a new app? If so it may be from something that you downloaded recently.
    I do have auto creation of short cuts enabled, however I have not downloaded any new apps recently, and that app or shortcut just appeared late this morning as I was looking at my home screen.

Hello Schulzjt, I'm new to this forum and I've noticed your post from August and did not see an answer re your "Self Serve" app. I've just got one on my phone today and wonder if you figured it out yet before I try to remove it? Thx, Barb
    schulzjt likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Everybodyknows View Post
    Hello Schulzjt, I'm new to this forum and I've noticed your post from August and did not see an answer re your "Self Serve" app. I've just got one on my phone today and wonder if you figured it out yet before I try to remove it? Thx, Barb
    Perfect timing Everybodyknows... I just figured out where it came from a few days ago. I use my mobile devices to receive Exchange email from my work, My employer requires the app called "Worx Home" for security purposes. That is the app that placed the "Self Serve" shortcut on my phone. I clicked on it the other day on my tablet, and it opened up a webpage which showed one of my exchange svr settings. Now I just delete the shortcuts. They only come back if I have to re-enroll the device in the Worx app, which is rare.
    weksa likes this.