Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hawkwind212
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Automatic Call Recorder

I have tried over 16 apps(lost count at 15) that claim to be "Automatic Call Recorders" except none of them work on my Moto X. None of them were even able to play back the audio file they made. I have since given up on just downloading every app claiming it can do this and came here hoping someone has one that works on this device.

Please help.

Default Re: Automatic Call Recorder

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    I have tried over 16 apps(lost count at 15) that claim to be "Automatic Call Recorders" except none of them work on my Moto X. None of them were even able to play back the audio file they made. I have since given up on just downloading every app claiming it can do this and came here hoping someone has one that works on this device.

Please help.
    I think call recording is not a feature that Android generally supports. Since recording the conversation without the consent of the people involved is illegal in certain countries. With that said, about two years ago I was obsessed with recording phone conversation, and I had tried many apps that supposedly be able to record the conversation. However, I was really disappointed, especially I just switched from the window mobile phone , which allowed you to record phone conversations. Most of Android apps I tried then can only record whole conversation (you and other person) if you turn on the speaker phone, which meant most of the phone recording apps were really just speech recorder. However, if you get lucky, you will find the custom rom that let you record the conversation through the phone speakers, and only then can you truly record a conversation on the phone. For right now if you don't mind, you can just turn on the speaker phone and use the speech recorder. Tasker has the step by step instructions that show you how to build a phone recorder, but you still has to record with the speaker phone.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

The only thing I have seen about call recording requires root, and an app that costs $10. You can read more about it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2848780

Posted via the Android Central App
    Thanked by:

I think you can with xposed but I'm not sure. Have to look for it

Posted via Android Central App
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    Thanked by:

Have you tried Google Voice's call recording feature?

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by appmy View Post
    Have you tried Google Voice's call recording feature?

No I have not. Have you tried it? Because if it works I would be happy to give it a go.

I have experimented with it before and it works well enough.

Pressing the 4 key seemed like an is way to start the recording, but I got used to it.

You only can use it with your Google Voice number.

More info:
    https://support.google.com/voice/answer/1690318?hl=en

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

I have Killer Mobile's Total Recall Call Recorder installed, and it works great using the default settings (I changed it to record in MP3), but it requires root on the Moto X. It automatically records all calls for me, and also has a nice widget for using it as a regular voice recorder:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...le.totalrecall

There's a 30-day free trial. After that, it's $10, and tied to your device, so you'd need to repurchase it for your next device.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Just saw this on Android police yesterday, enableCMCallRecording, it's an XPosed module that apparently unlocks CM11's hidden phone recording feature. Once you enable the module, there will be a button all the way to the bottom right of the dialer that looks like a bullseye, pushing it will enable you to record the phone conversation. It works good so far on my phone, but some say it's device depend, so I don't know, give it a try.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    jj2me likes this.