Keyboard case?

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Is there any yet? Nothing really showed up, and its sad. Motorola should contact a maker to make one for M4DE. There is still plenty of people who want a keyboard phone, yet it might be to risky for Motorola, yet this will sell more X or ect handsets, while keeping that niche happy.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I disagree. If this statement were true then Blackberry would be selling a ton of phones and that is obviously not happening.

I wouldn't use BlackBerry as a basis for that conclusion. They make touch screen phones too and nobody really buys those either lol.

I personally don't care for a keyboard phone, none of my friends do either but I am sure a small amount of people such as yourself do... but is it enough to make it worth the cost to Motorola?
No, because the X wasn't a big seller as it is and the # of people who would buy a keyboard specifically for the X would likely be less than 1% of owners. I think touchscreen is here to stay until watches , voice actions or something totally new comes up.

Posted via the Android Central App - Moto X

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I loved the vertical keyboard on my Palm Pre but I have never found a phone with a horizontal keyboard that I can comfortably use. I know people who swear by them (and swear at phones without one) so there might be a market for an add-on like a case. It's nowhere near the investment of a completely separate phone and I think some were made for iPhones so the knowledge is there. If you want one you're going to have to rabble-rouse with the manufacturers.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I think it would be kinda tricky with the Moto X since the active display is so useful. You would have to make the case so the keyboard would not cover the screen when closed even tho it would help protect the screen. I still think they should make one.