Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android remote control/phone

Motorola has it on clearance for $9.99 originally $99.99. It is a gadget and not all that practical but it could be useful. I plan to use this on one of my tablets that has become a part time media center for an HDTV. Should make it alot easier to control without the HDMI cable hanging across the room. Will also try it out as a remote phone for my Moto X.

Bluetooth® Smart Controller for Android

Default Re: Android remote control/phone

I keep seeing that advertised in daily deal sites as well. Let us know how well it works for you!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Just received it today and have been playing with it for about 6 hours. It works very well pairing is simple. You can even connect it to 2 devices at once since it shows up as 2 devices. One as a bluetooth headset and the other a bluetooth input device. The finish is nice with a solid build without being heavy. Sound quality is great no one could tell the difference and I think it sounds better than my Moto X directly. It has an accelerometer or something also because it lights up from the smallest bump. It doesn't have an audible ring tone but has a strong vibration and the lights blink when there is an incoming call.

When I first started using it. I was alittle upset with how low the sensitivity was it would take 4 full swipes to cross the screen of my Moto X. Well after 4 more hours of toying with it. I was going through my setting menu and stumble on the Pointer Speed selection under Language & Input something I must of ignored in the past. Now was exactly what I needed. I didn't have to increase it much to find a comfortable speed. Now I can flick across 3/4 of my tablet's screen in one shot.

Global Posts
    686 Global Posts

Sounds good for $10.

Motorola Smart Controller review:

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I think he had some kind of bluetooth interference or a defective unit because I have no problem with pointer accuracy. It actually is very accurate on my Windows 7 PC. So I believe the device it is being used with has alot to do with pointer accuracy. I didn't have any device that was inaccurate but my Transformer TF-101 did have alot of cursor flicker.

Here is another review worth checking out.

Global Posts
    686 Global Posts

I didn't even think about using one of those with a PC. Hmmm, I'll have to think about picking one up for my Surface RT.

Posted via Android Central App