Another 2013 Moto X

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Less expensive, available now, will get most of the software updates, fan adored build quality and size and it's a known quantity. It's hard to argue with that.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Less expensive, available now, will get most of the software updates, fan adored build quality and size and it's a known quantity. It's hard to argue with that.

Listen, I'm not even in the market for another moto x or any other phone and I completely agree with your statement there absolutely true.

Posted via Android Central App

Doug Shavers

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Exactly what I was thinking. I already have a custom 16 gig but I need more storage plus I want to try a wood back also

Posted via the Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If I could afford one I'd get one now.

You know, I told myself if I get the new Moto X when I can upgrade in January time, of course I will get the 32 gig one again but I will get a wood back to try something new.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
You know, I told myself if I get the new Moto X when I can upgrade in January time, of course I will get the 32 gig one again but I will get a wood back to try something new.

I'd want a yellow and green one or something impractical, haha. :D

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd want a yellow and green one or something impractical, haha. :D

I can understand that. I already have the white front and the red back so I want to try would finally. Actually, when my upgrade in January I will probably get another moto X and sell my current one or something

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I can understand that. I already have the white front and the red back so I want to try would finally. Actually, when my upgrade in January I will probably get another moto X and sell my current one or something

Lol, I never sell my phones, I get too attached to them. Each one has its own little quirks but they're all great. Still, it keeps me from buying too many I guess. Unless I could part with them... No. :D:p:D

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
When the developer one was on sale for $324 I bought it as I like the form factor. Coming from the S4 I am really surprised of the build quality and speed that this phone has. I know the camera is not as good as the S4 but for the most part has done what I need it too.

If I needed another I would buy it again. The larger Moto X I think is too big.

Posted via the Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if any phones will be a tad smaller in 2015. I don't think they can just keep making everything bigger and bigger.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not thrilled with the new moto X either. Side by side pictures show it is massive compared to the OG X.

Yes, that's the only thing about the new Moto X I don't like. The 5.1 inch touch screen. And we all know for the record that it does not need the snap dragon 801 processor that's what everyone thinks it needs look like we're 2.3 gigahertz chip. The snap dragon s4 pro chip 1.7 gigahertz ticks along just fine with no lag whatsoever...

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I have to admit I like the wrap around back cover of the original X over the new one, even though the new one is supposed to be more durable. I would consider getting the 64gb version over the new one if it's no more than $425 after tax, but the edu promo code only gave the original Moto X $10 off. I do feel the benefit of 64gb after using the OnePlus for a while.

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes ^, yes ^^, yes^^^.
ordered an XT1053 64GB, Bamboo back/White front.
If Moto maintains maker for XT1053's in effect they will be utilizing a dual sized strategy.
Metal trim, Size hmmm Size, Large Moto faux button, price and of course upgraded SD 801.
None of these upgrades are killer must haves to me.
Guess I don't need the latest and greatest and the OG Moto X sure hit a sweet spot for me.
Now: Get off my lawn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2