Has anyone received a soak invite for XT1053?

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Over at XDA there was a person saying they got a soak invite and he is on a XT1053

Anyone here get an email?

Posted via the Android Central App

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: soak invite for XT1053

I can't wait for the soak invites to go out for Android L update. I suppose this one is for 4.4.4 since XT1053 is still on 4.4.3.

del bafflin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

How long after u receive the initial suvey\invite until the actual test? And does anyone know what the rumors are for thus test??

zerospace-net

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I got an invite as well on the XT1053. Last time, I got the update within a week or so (for the 4.4.3 soak test). I seriously doubt this is 4.4.4 unless they are fixing something, as 4.4.4 was soak tested with another group already for the OG moto x. I don't recall them soak testing 4.4.3 with every model. Would be pretty sweet if this was android L ...

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site

I got an invite as well on the XT1053. Last time, I got the update within a week or so (for the 4.4.3 soak test). I seriously doubt this is 4.4.4 unless they are fixing something, as 4.4.4 was soak tested with another group already for the OG moto x. I don't recall them soak testing 4.4.3 with every model. Would be pretty sweet if this was android L ...
Personally I think it's WAY too early for Android L as the Nexus devices haven't gotten it yet outside of the developer preview. But I agree, it would be pretty friggin sweet...

zerospace-net

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Personally I think it's WAY too early for Android L as the Nexus devices haven't gotten it yet outside of the developer preview. But I agree, it would be pretty friggin sweet...

Oh I totally agree. Android L is very much wishful thinking, but it does have me wondering what this soak test is for. Perhaps they have a radio issue or something else that's worth doing a soak? If it were just 4.4.4, I would think they would have just rolled it out.

I don't recall moto posting anything public about soak tests, aside from sending out the invites to those registered with the moto feedback network. Once invites go out, it's too late to join in time for the test, I think. To the person who asked what's in the email: the email is just an invitation to participate in the soak test, there is absolutely no info beyond that.

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site

Well, there's your problem.
Well I know I'm not going to get an invite for this test, and I can wait a few weeks to see what the hubbub is all about. If the changes are significant enough I'll migrate from my XT1058 to the XT1053 my wife gave me when I gave her my OPO. I'll have to find a black case to hide the purple back though. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith