mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So I just decided to switch to ART to see if there was anything in terms of improvement to anything at all. When I did this, it upgraded my apps but when the screen came back on, it never turned off.

My Accuweather widget never fully loaded. It was laggy. Facebook never loaded. The biggest thing was my power button to put my phone to sleep was completely useless. It would not turn off and the screen itself would never dim nor turn off.

Anyone else have these issues? Did a quick Google search and came back w/ nothing. I would really like to dive into this but obviously w/ these issues, it's not happening.

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been running ART for the two months I have had the X and only one game I have won't work but the developer is working on a fix. Game is Threes

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Round 2 did prove to be better. I was able to use my power button immediately but no apps would open up. I just said "screw it" and let it sit for about 15 minutes then tried again w/ success. So far, so good on every app I've tried. I'm not going to try to understand what happened first as I work in technology and know it's not perfect.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I tried ART on my 1053, and made everything super slow/laggy.

Really? I switched to ART in January and then discovered that two of my apps no longer worked so I changed back to dalvik after a few weeks. Then in June Google's announcement of Android L mentioned that it would run ART and shortly thereafter my two troublesome apps updated. I then switched back to ART and discovered that everything worked great. For me ART does seem to be a hair faster and I have not changed back since June.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Round 2 did prove to be better. I was able to use my power button immediately but no apps would open up. I just said "screw it" and let it sit for about 15 minutes then tried again w/ success. So far, so good on every app I've tried. I'm not going to try to understand what happened first as I work in technology and know it's not perfect.

My experience with the switch over was really slow. At first I thought I bricked my phone as it stayed on the Verizon logo for a few minutes before moving on. After the initial app updating, it took it a few minutes to smooth out. Like I said earlier, I actually forgot I was running ART until I saw this post. I have yet to run into anything that won't work or is slow.

ajkam

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My experience with ART on the moto x was plagued apps keeping the phone awake (partial wake lock?) for hours at a time, thus draining the battery. I switched back to Dalvik RT and have not had problems with apps keeping the phone awake.

alienlandingpad

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
started using ART today, screens (using NovaLaunche) were slow to load the first time but once buffered were fine. No slowdowns. Got the 4.4.4 OTA shortly after that is running fine also on ART. Watching battery though.

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
One app keeps me from using ART right now - TuneIn Radio Pro. The app launches fine but once I log in to my account and relaunch the app hangs. Every single time. And this is on my XT1058, my XT1053, and my OPO (now in my wife's use).