Why am I having storage issues?

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Uhhh strange storage issue

So I was going through and getting some of the free apps Amazon was offering, still downloading and I checked my storage, 800mb free or so, should clean up some space, but I decided to go to bed, now I have 2GB free! What happened?

I have rebooted, now its 2GB free, instead of like the 2.08GB free.

Last edited:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Uhhh strange storage issue

Hello, after downloading the apps, it seemed the storage increased afterwards? Have you rebooted the phone to see if it might have been a glitch in the software?

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Hello, after downloading the apps, it seemed the storage increased afterwards? Have you rebooted the phone to see if it might have been a glitch in the software?

Yes that is what happened it seems. I have a little bit more than 1GB free when I started, then it was down to 800mb when I went to bed, then I woke up and it was 2.08(?)GB, I rebooted and now its just a flat 2GB.

EDIT: Its now down to 1.93GB by itself, I think, maybe some apps updated.

Last edited:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Yes that is what happened it seems. I have a little bit more than 1GB free when I started, then it was down to 800mb when I went to bed, then I woke up and it was 2.08(?)GB, I rebooted and now its just a flat 2GB.

EDIT: Its now down to 1.93GB by itself, I think, maybe some apps updated.

Ah, good hypothesis. It could be that some of the apps you use change in total size. It might also involve the saved data/cache the apps had. That could of also been taking space.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Ah, good hypothesis. It could be that some of the apps you use change in total size. It might also involve the saved data/cache the apps had. That could of also been taking space.

Maybe, this is weird. It got down to like 1.63, and now its up to 1.75, and I have been taking up storage by just pushing some photos through Perfectly Clear for fun and quick enhancing. And finishing up the Amazon app sale. I never payed much attention to my storage, like seeing if it changed, this is strange, because I don't think this happened before, its usually been pretty steady.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463