Moto Assist driving issue

marki86

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Moto Assist has stopped reading my texts and alerting me while driving. I don't think I have changed anything. I checked the assist app and it is checked to read them. Any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I know many have had 3rd party apps work with Moto Assist but that could be the culprit. Has their been an update to handcent recently? I think Moto Assist had one a couple of weeks ago. Try using the stock app to see if the driving assist works.

marki86

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
That makes sense. There have been several updates. I love Handcent, so I guess I won't have text read to me.

Posted via Android Central App

mclaser

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I know it's not the same thing, but do you have to have the app handcent enabled in Active Display/Selected apps. I think I had a similar issue with Handcent a while back and did something (don't quite remember) to breath life back into it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Rip

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue. I also use Handcent. Simply remove the updates to Moto Assist and ignore future requests to update and you will again see the option to have messages read aloud to you as well as the ability to respond using only your voice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2