Warranty replacement

kenpbuck

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what Moto is doing if you need a warranty replacement on a customized 2013 Moto X? Are they still able to replace? Do you get a code to customize like before?

Posted via the Android Central App

aspicciati

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
They replace it with the exact configuration and design of the original. No code to customize, so don't think you'll be able to change up the colors if you're sick of them after a year ! ;). Really seamless process, had mine in about 4 days.

kenpbuck

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
That would be a bit disappointing as I replaced one physically damaged and was able to Moto Maker a new one for the replacement.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
No they don't give you a code. They send you an exact replacement device.

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Yep. They stopped giving replacement codes around June or July if I remember correctly. You get an exact replacement that is probably a refurb from what I've read. I was lucky enough to get mine in before they stopped giving out codes for new ones and I was able to build mine, so I can't verify that they send refurbs, that's just what I've read.

Posted via Android Central App

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
They are absolutely horrible. I called 11/13 and did an advanced replacement. I received it on 11/17 with a non functioning WiFi. I sent it back on 11/18 and received the new on on 11/21. It was delivered to the wrong address by FedEx. They shipped me a new on on 11/22.

I got an email saying I never sent the broken phone. I called them and they said not to worry. They told me to check out both phone and send back the ones I did not want. Now, I just got an email saying that they are charging me to the full price ($390 not $120) and not send back the old phone.

I have spent hours on the phone, numerous people, had two RMA opened (they were the same issue), and no one knows that to do. They all have the same script.

Now I have to call and ***** at them when I get off work in the morning about the charge. I was going to send them out Monday.

robtani

May 25, 2011
Visit site
When they sent you the first replacement one, did it look/feel new or do you think it was some refurb model??

I'm having some issues with mine and was debating if I should pursue the warranty. Don't want to deal with the hassle if they're just gonna send me another refurb unit.

aspicciati

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
He is wrong you get a code and can choose new colors

Uhmmm... nope. I clearly said in my response that I just went through the process...

When they sent you the first replacement one, did it look/feel new or do you think it was some refurb model??

Pursue it 100%. The devices are brand new - they claimed that they had to make them all over again, which I'm sure is true, as my combination of colors is not exactly standard. Even if they aren't brand new, since they're making them to order, you'd never know what was actually inside (for that matter... you don't really know when you buy it the first time, either!). The outside is brand new.

Also - I had the complete opposite experience from imurrx - I've gotten both mine and my girlfriend's replaced within the last two months and both were painless processes. Had new ones within a week each time, and only had to speak with a rep for about 20 minutes total to get it done. I also got the email about the charge, but that must just go out automatically - I had a "hold" for the amount on my account until a day or two after I sent mine back. It was then removed, hassle-free.

robtani

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Think I'll move forward with it before the new year. Hopefully it won't be that painful of a process.

kenpbuck

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Well after sending my wife's 1st gen Moto X in for repair of the charging port, it appeared to be lost in limbo. I chatted with support and they told me to wait until the next day twice to see if the replacement would come. Never did. Was finally told to call and escalate to a repair specialty team. After quite some time on the phone I was completely satisfied.

Motorola issued me a code for a replacement customized 2nd Gen Moto X! Even gave a free upgrade for a leather back. So no good on repair but Moto sure stood by me in the end!

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Motorola has yet to refund my advanced replacement fee. They recieved the old device on 12/4 and twice they said it will take 5-7 busines days. They opens a ticket to seen why. Well I started my own dispute with my credit card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1