photo transfer

chw8022

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I have been unable to shift photos from my Moto x '13 to computer. A message comes up when USB cable connected that the driver was unable to load. Have several help sessions with moto spt people whose collective wisdom suggests that it is Windows fault and a Win 7 re-install is necessary.. Anyone else been here?? Have tried WIFI file transfer but found it difficult - but I am tech dummy. The thought of a OS reload is scary - Help.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
WiFi File Transfer is trivial. So is MyPhoneExplorer (using Bluetooth if you have it on your computer, or wifi).

Wifi File Transfer is just open a browser, go to the address the app gives you, choose the files you want to copy and download to where you want them. Hardly more than plugging the phone in to copy files.

As for reinstalling Windows 7, no. Uninstall the driver. (Right-click the phone in Device Manager [Control Panel], Properties, Driver tab, Uninstall button.)

Then download the driver (probably from Motorola - Mac & Windows Drivers) and install it.

If it still doesn't work, bring the phone (and your cable) to a store and ask if it works on their computer. If it doesn't, they should do something for you (it's probably a bit out of warranty, and if you didn't take out coverage on it, they won't replace it, but if the microUSB connector is bad, it's not an expensive replacement [it's a drop-in part] and they should give you a break on the job). If it works on their computer, with your cable, you have a problem with your computer - that may need more than a reinstallation of Windows.

BTW, have you tried a different cable and/or a different USB port on the computer?

chw8022

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
If I could dial up tech magic I would get Rukbak - thank you. I'll get on it when I get home. C.

chw8022

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi Rukbat - have tried the driver re-install a couple of times. Driver will still not launch on connection of USB cable. In a further futile effort to get photos off this wretched device I bought a Nitro OTG USB. Although I get to see the device under App/ Storage I don't get any of the visual cues I see described in online videos of how to drive it. I take from this that 1st Gen Moto X does not support OTG??

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Just upload them all to Google + photos, then there on any device you want to view them on. If you really want them on your computer, after you upload them to Google+ photos, download them to your computer.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

chw8022

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi evil. Thx they are there I'm just looking for a one to one solution, but g+ will do it.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi evil. Thx they are there I'm just looking for a one to one solution, but g+ will do it.

I hate cables....

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10