Moto X (1st gen): Has anyone unlocked a XT1056 with MSL?

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I saw on Sprint's site that they can unlock certain phones with the MSL or DSU.

Legal / Regulatory & Consumer Resources

I called them and they only gave me a MSL code. How do you enter that?

I have seen most instructions is placing in your non carrier SIM in and boot your phone. I put my Cricket SIM from my xt1503de in my xt1506 and booted the phone. No prompts to enter it in.

Am I missing something?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Has anyone unlocked a Xt1056 with MSL?

Is the phone working on Cricket? If so, then it was already unlocked and will never ask you for an unlock code again, no matter what SIM you put in it.

If it's not working on Cricket, bring it in to a Sprint store and ask them to please unlock it for you.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

I called Sprint customer service and they gave me the code and said I should take it done where to unlock it. I figured I could do it myself (more skill than a novice but not an expert).

When I put the Sim in the phone or does not ask for any code.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Sprint usually unlocks over the air, rather than giving you a code to enter. At least, that has been my experience.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

They are being jerks about it. When you insert a non Sprint Sim it should ask for that code. It doesn't. When I called them back they said to need to find a third party to do it.

I had them for 17 years. What a waist. I hope they go under of they don't change.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x/general/guide-success-sim-unlock-sprint-xt1056-t2825155

I know about that. I figured that I could do it without that procedure. I just have not gotten the time to do that. Thanks anyways.