Can't get data on my X

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I have an X on an MVNO called Black Wireless. They use the ATT towers. I can't get data to work no matter what I try. I have the XT1058 Moto X ATT unlocked. Calls ,texts and wireless are just fine. On my previous Nexus 5, data worked just fine with the same carrier. All I did was just put the same sim in my X. And yes, I double checked my APN settings. Any ideas? A Moto X is pretty useless without a net connection for the hands free stuff.

Could it be that because it's an ATT branded phone, that data will only work if I go directly through ATT?

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I was about to reboot and pull out the sim card, reboot, put back the sim card, (I was trying anything at this point) but I turned on airplane mode by accident. So I turned off airplane mode and data came on! I guess data glitches a little after using airplane mode, (had used it a couple times) so toggling it on and off fixed it.

I was ready to use ATT directly, or get a new phone. Phew! I didn't want to change plans as I'm happy paying $30 a month, thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol