Why have all my files gone invisible?

A

AC Question

all my files gone invisible

Hi!
so i have the moto x (2013) which has a built in memory card.
what happened to me is:
i accidentaly pressed "import recordings to sd card" on my call recorder app,
and now all my recording are still there and i can still copy them to my laptop,and they work just fine, but on the phone itself-its like they dont exsist.-i cant even see them.
BUT i still had my photos and music on my phone so i didnt pay much attention to that.
only after a day or two the same thing happened to all my music and photos. - on the phone they're all gone, but when connected to my laptop i can still copy and use them.
i don't know if what happened to my photos and music is bc of the call rec app [cuz it really similar] or maybe cuz i plugged my phone off my laptop while transferring files.
plz any kind of help would be much appreciated.
thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: all my files gone invisible

Welcome to Android Central! Where exactly are your voice recordings, music files, and photos currently located right now? Use a file manager app or Windows Explorer to look for them. Are they located in Internal Storage or the microSD card? Check those directories and see if there's a file called ".nomedia" present. If so, delete it. .nomedia instructs the system to ignore that directory when scanning for media files to add to the Gallery or Music databases.

Liron 1741

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello and Thanks so much!
so -my music files are still in the music folder in the "internal storage" folder of my phone,the photos also are in the DCIM folder, [actually the recordings went back after i uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but it didnt work for the music\photos although i disabled and enabled those apps too..]

i looked up .nomedia files and found a bunch but none in the DCIM\MUSIC folders, should i still erase them?
thanks again!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, don't erase all of the .nomedia files--most of them are there for an appropriate reason.

Did you already try rebooting the phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Rebooting your phone is just powering it off completely, then powering it back on again. Press and hold Power until you see the Power Off option, and tap it. Wait until it's completely off, then after a few seconds, power it back on again.

Liron 1741

May 3, 2015
Visit site
oh yeah i did that and it didnt help..
i tried to download a different music app and it didnt work either[couldnt even find its folder..]

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol