Help With Outlook / Email Apps - Can't Share Internet Articles/Pages

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi. If anyone can help me out here I would greatly appreciate it. I have an issue with sharing internet articles via email (they don't get sent), and it seems I have two apps that are interfering with each other. I have the Outlook.com app which I use for my online hotmail/outlook.com account, and works fine on its own. I also have an app called "Email", which has an icon of a yellow square with a white "@" sticking out of an open white envelope. I must have set this up at some point but have never purposely used it.

The Email app account is obviously related to the Outlook.com account since it indicates my hotmail email address that I use with Outlook.com, and has the same self-made folder list.

I realized that when I try to share an internet page/article with Outlook.com it ends up in the outbox of the Email app, and does not get sent. If I try to share something, or just send an email, with the Email app I get an Authentication Error alert, and a "couldn't sign in" notification on the app screen.

Anyone know how I can get it set up so I can share links with the Outlook.com app and stop getting stuck in the Email app outbox??

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
If you don't use the Email app, just disable it. Go to:

Settings > Apps > Select Email > Disable

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
If you don't use the Email app, just disable it. Go to:

Settings > Apps > Select Email > Disable

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Thanks but it still isn't working with Outlook.com. It appears that it is trying to use the Email app to share links when I try to share them with Outlook.com. I can't find a way to direct it to actually use the Outlook.com app for sharing with the Outlook.com app. (I just learned that Email is the built-in Exchange Services which is used for Microsoft Exchange which I don't have, but maybe I set up Exhange Services at some point.)

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you trying to share from Chrome? From the page you want to share,press the menu key (three dots in the upper right corner ),then press share, and scroll down till you find the icon for the outlook app that you normally use.

Posted via the Android Central App

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Are you trying to share from Chrome? From the page you want to share,press the menu key (three dots in the upper right corner ),then press share, and scroll down till you find the icon for the outlook app that you normally use.

Yes, and that is what I do. I select the Outlook app, but the emails end up in the outbox of the Email app ("Exchange Services"). Somehow that thing ended up linked to my Outlook account for sharing links and I can't figure out how to unlink it. It shows all the same folders I made for the Outlook account, but the inbox is empty, and I can't send emails from it.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that's weird. Have you tried going into the applications menu under settings and changing the default email to the outlook app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret