Android System is taking up A LOT of battery...HELP

cjohn4043

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
For the past week or so, the Android System has been taking up a significant portion of my battery, even more than my screen has. Does anyone know why? I've cleared my cache partition in the recovery mode as well and that still doesn't seem to help. Moto X 2013 with 4.4.4 by the way.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to say what it might be. You might need to consider a reset. You can always give it some time. It might just be processing something new. Have you downloaded any new apps lately? Any new updates, even minor ones?

cjohn4043

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Periscope is the only new app I've downloaded recently, but I wouldn't think that would be the case. I'd rather not do a reset since it's such pain to redownload my offline music and apps and such. I mean, I keep sync on most of the time, bluetooth to my Moto 360 and my location is switched to the battery saver option. I normally could make it a full day with those things on, but not recently. Oh and my SoT use to be about 1 1/2 hours where now I'm averaging around 45-50min before it needs a charge.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I'd rather not do a reset since it's such pain to redownload my offline music and apps and such.

Yes, it's a pain but doing a factory reset on my almost one and half year old Moto X made it run like new. It was getting very laggy, had difficulty logging on to wifi and would need to be re-charged every 12 hours. So before we went on vacation last month I did a factory reset and took anonther Moto X I own on our trip. After returning I turned on the older Moto X, reloaded all the apps (pita) and have been pleasantly surprised at how well it works now. It's now my daily carry phone again and seems to work like it did when it was new with well over 18 hours per charge. Try a factory reset.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
This won't help with the original question, but speaking of Periscope...kinda addictive! Especially when I stick with more serious broadcasts and a selective list of folks to follow.

However, it'll work your device harder and with more battery % drop and temperature increases!

PostPeriscope.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1