Moving pictures from Moto X to Macbook Pro?

Rip

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the first version Moto X and a Macbook Pro. I'm out of space on my Moto X so I need to free up some space. I've always been confused about the best way to store photos/videos. I currently have DropBox and each photo/video is automatically uploaded to DropBox. As we speak, I'm uploading all my photos/videos to Google+ Photos.

When I delete a photo/video from the Gallery on my Moto X, will it also be automatically deleted from DropBox and Google+ Photos?

How do I export the photos/videos from the MotoX and store them on my MacBook Pro (without using cloud storgage)? Could someone provide detailed step by step instructions to accomplish this?

Your help will be greatly appreciated as I cannot update any apps until I free up space on MotoX.

morphodone

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
You can connect the Moto X to your mac with the micro USB cable to download the photos. You need to go into settings on your phone and then to 'storage' and select the menu in the upper right hand corner (3 dots). Tap on USB computer connection and then select Camera (PTP). Open image capture on the mac and you should see the Moto X there.

Rip

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Thank you morphodone! Done! However, I just noticed I have 4 photo related apps...!1)Gallery, 2) Photos, 3)DropBox, 4), Carousel. Any suggestions?

You can connect the Moto X to your mac with the micro USB cable to download the photos. You need to go into settings on your phone and then to 'storage' and select the menu in the upper right hand corner (3 dots). Tap on USB computer connection and then select Camera (PTP). Open image capture on the mac and you should see the Moto X there.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Or, you could just upload everything to Google Drive or Google photos on your phone, and then pull it down onto your Mac if you really want them on something besides cloud storage.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10