Moto X download, phone locked up and no one seems able to help. Can You?

A

AC Question

Moto X download, phone locked up and no one seems able to help.

When screen popped up to up grade moto X, I pushed download, screen said I would not be able to call or answer on the phone while it is downloading. Ok, but as soon as it started down load, the phone went to the motorola android screen display and locked up. Tried motorola help tech and my u.s. cellular. no one can help ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto X download, phone locked up and no one seems able to help.

Tell US Cellular (in person in a store) that their update broke your phone, and you want the situation rectified. It's a liability issue - they can't just break your property and walk away. There are liability laws that allow you to sue them for ALL loss (time, lost pay, legal fees, transportation, mental anguish - you can pile it on a milt thick) if they do that.

Most carriers, once confronted with that, will either fix the phone or replace it. (If you didn't make backups, that's your problem, not theirs - you should always have your data backed up.) (I had one replaced a couple of weeks ago because the update killed the phone radio. It's been out of warranty for quite a while. They gave me two options - replace the phone - I stopped him at that point and told him I didn't care what the other option was, I'd take a replacement phone. I had it the next day.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair