"Android is Starting" "Optimizing App x of xxx" With Restarts of the phone 5.1 Verizon

rajesh parameshwar

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Re: "Android is Starting" "Optimizing App x of xxx" With Restarts of the phone 5.1 Verizon

I tried the recommended steps and it didn't help. Phone is slow and eventually freezes.

simon geno

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: "Android is Starting" "Optimizing App x of xxx" With Restarts of the phone 5.1 Verizon

hey everyone, ive been getting these exact same issues since yesterday; phone started optimizing all apps on its own, ever since it finished its been overheating then lagging and eventually freezing. The only time it'll work without an issue is if I boot it up in safe mode, I've cleared the cache but still the same issues.
Has anyone come up with a solution yet??

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo

jeffcfrancis

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site

Same issue.. just randomly started optimizing today. Wasnt plugged in, didnt power it off. Completely on its own and now all my apps are failing and the phone eventually freezes after 10 min or so. Tried the cache wipe that was suggested. No cigar yet.. HELP

jeffcfrancis

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site

hey everyone, ive been getting these exact same issues since yesterday; phone started optimizing all apps on its own, ever since it finished its been overheating then lagging and eventually freezing. The only time it'll work without an issue is if I boot it up in safe mode, I've cleared the cache but still the same issues.
Has anyone come up with a solution yet??

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo

let me know if you find a solution

MotoSucks

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site

Same problem. For years now. And even though I have been super careful not to restart while charging, it just started "optimizing" by itself, and I'm locked out of my own damn phone for hours waiting for this nonsense when I had important messages to send.

It's really amazing that this """smart"""phones cost thousands upon thousands, and the people who develop them get paid triple figure salaries, yet all they have to show for it is glitchy failure products. If I made so many "glitches" at my won job that wasted countless of hours of people's time for nothing, I'd be fired. Just a complete joke really.

meenalifshe

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site

I had this problem where my phone shut off, rebooted, and then started overheating and lagging. I found that two of my apps (Facebook and Facebook Messenger) had trouble opening. I uninstalled and reinstalled both of them, and now my phone is not overheating and lagging. Maybe try opening each of your installed apps, and if any of them has a problem opening, uninstall and reinstall it?

Bub4444

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site

My girlfriend was having massive battery life issues for the past 8 months. Then early this week started having the constant rebooting - optimizing that you guys are describing. She uninstalled the facebook app and the issue went away. Now her battery is lasting like it used to. So for those of you having issues, its worth a shot.

Bub4444

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site

Should have added that this is a moto x gen 1 from ATT. Uh, this should have followed a longer post that apparently has gone to moderation for approval. I'll fix the two posts once it appears.

Last edited:

Aquamanatsea

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site

I'm the the same problem sometimes. I think my power button may be sticking. That round cause it to shut down, restart, and opp.apps issue. Not sure, just a thought

Game Keeper

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

Same happens to me on two diff phone but same make phone 5.1 blu neo energy....also both are rooted.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Are you stupid or just slow, or both?
Needs to be turned off every night. If you don't you shouldn't have a phone

Moderator Note Welcome to the forums, please take a moment to read about PUPPAH: Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

That said, phones absolutely do NOT need to be turned off at any regular interval, let alone daily.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Needs to be turned off every night. If you don't you shouldn't have a phone
Not really.

A modern smartphone doesn't need to be restarted so frequently. Sure, you probably should do a reboot every once in a while but thanks to advancements in hardware and especially software in the backend, there's really not that much of a reason to reboot the device so frequently.

Daniel 94

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site

My phone keeps re-booting everytime... With the same message (android is starting...... Optimizing android apps)...... Please what can I do????

Meo Myo

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site

I have the same thing it is the first time out of no where it dir this without me doing anything but this happened to my nexbook aries. Any ideas?

hirick12

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I received the "optimizing your apps xxx of 129" yesterday. took about 35 minutes. I rebooted while charging. I do not have apps automatically updating. i have the Moto X (1st Gen), android 5.1.

Rayees ahmed

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site

how can it update when there is no internet ...mobile is keeping on restarting and following same process plz help me

Last edited by a moderator:

SACHIN PANCHAL2

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site

I've noticed that every once and a while I will get the following message when restarting the phone.

"Android is Starting"
"Optimizing App x of xxx"

I know this should happen once after an upgrade, but it seems to be happening every few re-boots of the phone now.

Anyone else seeing this behavior or know of a solution?

Tom

It happens to my note 3 neo always show optimizing app after reboot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37