Moto X (2013) Speaker Phone function not working

mpcook

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Since the 5.1 update (and the associated app updates), I have lost speaker phone function. When I use speaker phone for calls, or when driving and I answer the call hands free, the speaker volume is hardly louder than a regular call (maybe slightly louder). I have tried to increase volume wherever I can find it in phone options, but I must be missing something. If I stream Dish Network using their app, the volume is plenty loud front and back, so this seems to be a software problem, not hardware.

I am considering a new phone if I can't fix this, but there are no other great phones available that are sized like my Moto X!

mpcook

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I assume you've pressed the Volume Up button during the call, and that didn't do anything, correct?

Try wiping the cache partition: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/94946/p/30,6720,8696

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I have played with volume buttons to no avail, but I haven't flushed the cache since shortly after upgrading to 5.1. I did this a little while ago and so far, this appears to have done the trick. I just got off a conference call that was plenty loud. I'll try it in the car but I think it's back to normal. This saves me for a while longer from a Nexus 5X (which does sorta intrigue me), or maybe from an iphone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante