I uninstalled Hangouts, why do I still get a "Hangouts has stopped working" pop-up message?

A

AC Question

I uninstalled Hangouts, why do I still get a "Hangouts has stopped working" pop-up message?

I have a Moto X (2013) running lollipop 5.1
I uninstalled Hangouts by rooting my phone with KingRoot, precisely because I kept getting that annoying pop up message (even though the app was disabled). I can't clear the app cache because the app's no longer there, and I can't disable notifications for the same reason.
If the freaking thing's not there, why am I still getting that message?!

I appreciate any help, as I am tired of getting constantly interrupted by it.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: I uninstalled Hangouts, why do I still get a "Hangouts has stopped working" pop-up message?

Have you rebooted the phone since then? Even though you removed the app, there could be a service that is still resident in memory that is freaking out because its parent app is gone.

antagonim

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: I uninstalled Hangouts, why do I still get a "Hangouts has stopped working" pop-up message?

Have you rebooted the phone since then? Even though you removed the app, there could be a service that is still resident in memory that is freaking out because its parent app is gone.

Yeah, I've rebooted it a bunch of times. The problem still persists :/