Would Buying a Moto G4 Play Be An "Upgrade" from Moto X 2013?

aznjon623

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm currently using a Moto X 2013 and still loving it, but I know that I will eventually have to get a new phone. I'm just looking for a good phone that has good quality, last me through a day, and does basic functions. I'd like to stick with a Motorola phone given it's features. I was looking into the Moto G4 Play. I was looking to the specs, but just comparing them from Moto X 2013, would you considered it an "upgrade" (e.g., the camera is worse, the screen is about the same, etc.)?

critical_level2

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of doing the same only going with the G4 Plus 64GB instead of the G4 play. I love my Moto X 2013, but all the little things that are starting to fail, like more consistant blu tooth connection loss, wonky wifi, etc. have me looking for something neewer.

eidian

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I replaced our OG Moto X's with the G4 (pre-ordered it and received it the day it came out).

Neither of us used NFC on the Moto X and the fingerprint sensor is no big deal so we didn't get the G4 Plus.

The G4 Play is completely unimpressive and seems like a waste to migrate to. Get the G4.

I didn't realize how f-ing slow the X became until I turned on the G4. Octocore with a 5.5" screen, that's an upgrade. I admit that I really do miss Motorola Assist with the passive chipset but I'll manage.

At $200 the G4 is a no-lose upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz