Is there a way to back up your apps/data/settings so they can be reinstalled after a factory reset?

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I would like to do a factory reset to see if it helps my battery life after switching to Lollipop (updated a couple of weeks ago), but I am not thrilled about losing my data (contacts, texts, pictures, music, etc.) and settings, and reinstalling all of my apps.

Is there a way to save the data/settings/apps/etc. and then reinstall them automatically after a reset? If so can someone please give the specific process required to do this?

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
With a Google account I have switched phones three times and every one is a duplicate of the previous one. When booting a new phone for the first time I set up wifi, enter my Google account and password and a few minutes later I'm ready to go. I went from a Moto X 2013 to another Moto X 2013 to a Blu Vivo XL to a Samsung Tab S2 to a Moto X Pure Edition. I have done a factory reset on two of my phones and doing the above resets every thing as before. No problems.

Or there is always this:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...de-backing-up-android-device.html#post4267809

Last edited:

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
With a Google account I have switched phones three times and every one is a duplicate of the previous one. When booting a new phone for the first time I set up wifi, enter my Google account and password and a few minutes later I'm ready to go. I went from a Moto X 2013 to another Moto X 2013 to a Blu Vivo XL to a Samsung Tab S2 to a Moto X Pure Edition. I have done a factory reset on two of my phones and doing the above resets every thing as before. No problems.

Or there is always this:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...de-backing-up-android-device.html#post4267809

Thanks for the reply. Would you mind specifying the steps that you took with google? How to back up settings, where/how to download after the reset, etc.?

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Settings>Accounts>Google>(your account should show here and when it was last synced).

After doing a factory reset it will be just like it was when you took it out of the box. It needs to log on to WIFI to set up your phone like it was before and after putting in your gmail address and password it will then start grinding away (make sure it has sufficient charge) reinstalling your apps, pictures and contacts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC