Side buttons don't woking anymore

MRISX

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Hello, my MotoX was still going strong, unfortunately after a couple and drops and years of usage now my physical buttons are not working anymore. Those work randomly and that is how I am able to turn on the phone after my battery gets discharged or so. I think this issue is because the back cover have small cracks and pieces missing specially on the sides of the phone. I guess it is now not completly fit.

What would you suggest for me, do you think I can open the back cover and take a look in case the buttons are not working because of dirt or so?

There is an app to lock the phone from the screen, increase/decrease volume and also take snapshots? Those are the things I am randomly able to do.

I was hoping to keep my phone for 4-6 months :'(

Performance is OK, nothing exciting, but at leas usable. Photos are horrible compared to other phones and also mine have dirt inside the lens.

Thanks!

umpirerob

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello, my MotoX was still going strong, unfortunately after a couple and drops and years of usage now my physical buttons are not working anymore. Those work randomly and that is how I am able to turn on the phone after my battery gets discharged or so. I think this issue is because the back cover have small cracks and pieces missing specially on the sides of the phone. I guess it is now not completly fit.

What would you suggest for me, do you think I can open the back cover and take a look in case the buttons are not working because of dirt or so?

There is an app to lock the phone from the screen, increase/decrease volume and also take snapshots? Those are the things I am randomly able to do.

I was hoping to keep my phone for 4-6 months :'(

Performance is OK, nothing exciting, but at leas usable. Photos are horrible compared to other phones and also mine have dirt inside the lens.

Thanks!

I recently replaced the flat cable to the buttons ($10 online) which fixed that problem. However, I now have two other issues - no mobile data and the mic is no longer functioning. Can't say if those are a result of my DIY or not.