way to get data storage shortcut on main screen?

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I have battery, wifi, and data usage shortcuts and can't figure out how I got them on there lo those two years ago. Anyone know if I can storage space on the front screen?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Are you using a custom launcher or any app like Power Toggles that let you create shortcuts to the settings?

I don't think you can create a shortcut to the storage with the stock launcher. Just in case try this. Long press on your home screen, tap on widgets, scroll down until you find 'settings', drag it to the screen and see what's available on that list.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Stock launcher. When I long press the home screen it asks about the wallpaper.

Wish I could remember how I got the other settings on there.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Stock launcher. When I long press the home screen it asks about the wallpaper.

Wish I could remember how I got the other settings on there.
What Android version do you have? 5.1? Try this instead. Open the app drawer, swipe to the widgets tab, search for 'settings', drag it to the screen and see what's included on that list. Data usage, battery, WiFi and such should be included there, but not storage, I'm afraid.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yup, thanks, no storage. Oh well...
Your best option is using a custom launcher like Nova and adding a widget with Nova Actions or Activities. There are some shortcut apps in the Play Store that let you create this kind of widget as well, but I haven't used any of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital