Version of the Moto X with bigger than 4.7'' in screen?

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
They released the motoG with a 4.5'', what about a moto with a 4.8-5.0" screen? Do you think we will see something by the 1st anniversary of the moto X? Would love to see that since i'm using a DDNA and it makes the moto x seem so small.

Last edited by a moderator:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Version of the moto x with bigger than 4.7'' in screen?

They released the motoG with a 4.5'', what about a moto with a 4.8-5.0" screen? Do you think we will see something by the 1st anniversary of the moto X? Would love to see that since i'm using a DDNA and it makes the moto x seem so small.

I'd like a Moto X with a bigger screen :D

Disturbed_Angel

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Anything is possible, but my understanding was that Moto had some clear goals with the Moto X, being a easy to use screen size, all day battery, etc, and my guess is, that they feel the 4.7" Screen is that size.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

It's called a droid Maxx on Verizon without the customization.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Well Moto is rumored to enter the phablet category sometime this year. So 5+ inch screen may be out of the question for you.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

It doesn't have the form factor of the Moto X :-\ and it's only on VZW

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Yeah. I mentioned VZW and a bigger screen would be a different form factor along with a larger battery. Moto x did feel good to hold, although just a touch light and small. But that's a matter of personal preference.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

I am convinced that they can fit a 5" screen in a Very slightly larger moto X frame. This is where i am hoping they will go. Death to bezel.

People that but an arbitrary number on screen size(example: 4.7) lack vision. Device size is what matters. After you get that right, you just stuff the largest screen you possibly can in that frame. To put a limit on the size of the actual screen is just dumb.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I am convinced that they can fit a 5" screen in a Very slightly larger moto X frame. This is where i am hoping they will go. Death to bezel.

People that but an arbitrary number on screen size(example: 4.7) lack vision. Device size is what matters. After you get that right, you just stuff the largest screen you possibly can in that frame. To put a limit on the size of the actual screen is just dumb.

Thank you! Couldn't said it better myself. The so called ''sweet spot'' that people preach here is laughable. Choice rules all.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Except when you lose bezel, it's more likely that the screen gets cracked from drops. The G2 has a 5.2 inch screen in a frame the size of the S4 which has a 5.0 inch screen, so I don't think they'd be able to fit much more than a 4.9 or screen and still have enough bezel to protect the screen from direct impact during any falls

Posted via Android Central App

phlamethrowre

Banned
Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

Except when you lose bezel, it's more likely that the screen gets cracked from drops. The G2 has a 5.2 inch screen in a frame the size of the S4 which has a 5.0 inch screen, so I don't think they'd be able to fit much more than a 4.9 or screen and still have enough bezel to protect the screen from direct impact during any falls

Posted via Android Central App

say what??? The bezel has nothing at all to do with protecting the screen!!!!! The screen still goes all the way to the edge no matter how wide or thin the bezel is. I think you are confusing the bezel with the actual chassis of the device.

Sent from my Nokia 1520 using AT&T LTE

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Verizon is the key word.... There are other carriers out there and Motorola could definitely use extra sales. I have little doubt we'll see a 5" Moto Z or whatever they gonna call it.
I'd buy a supersized Moto X with better screen (think GS4), better camera and wireless charging. And I'd pay $600 for it

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

My favorite thing about the Moto X is the form factor. If I wanted a larger phone, I would just use my GS4, or purchased a Droid X.

I hope like hell they do nothing more but improve the innards of the current device. Maybe make it thinner if possible, and direct customers longing for a larger phone to another device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

As long as the physical size of the phone doesn't increase, I'm in for a bigger screen. The overall form factor is great, and I am really turned off by all of the 2014 phones so far. Just TO BIG.

I don't have a Moto X, but am concerned about OLED visibility in sunlight. Hopefully the can get a really BRIGHT screen in the Moto X2.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I would love to see Motorola do a Moto X2 in the DROID MINI size.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Well, since I bought this phone specifically for its external dimension, and I already find the bezel a little narrow (too easy to touch the screen when I just want to pick up the phone) I am not voting for a larger screen. If the next generation has a larger screen, I won't be upgrading.

But I wonder if it would be a good marketing strategy to release a family of similar phones in different sizes.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I have the Droid Maxx but i wonder if Verizon will have a version of the X-1. I like the larger screen as it makes it easier for me to see. I also wonder if Verizon putting out a Droid version is just cutting into sales of the X or X-1. Anyone know how many Droid Moto Verizon sold?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey