Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I have lost all interest in other phone brands. I would like to know what the folks at Moto got up there sleeve.

They seem to have the most innovation and guts to try something new. From features to architecture.

I wonder what it will be coming next?

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have lost all interest in other phone brands. I would like to know what the folks at Moto got up there sleeve.

They seem to have the most innovation and guts to try something new. From features to architecture.

Probably too early to tell.

The consumer focus is on launching the current X and G, expanding availability for both. New backs via Motomaker on the current X are a possibility. Wouldn't surprise me to see new shells for the G.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Same here. It sucks that they released the X towards the end of the year last year because now that its a new year Im expecting some info on their new device already lol.
I did find this though, but like Ry said it may be too early to tell
http://www.droid-life.com/2014/01/2...-items-like-display-size-in-high-end-devices/

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Yea I know. I like reading about new phones but this phone has made me lose interest I guess. Except for the next one. I'll wait patiently for summer. Guess all the is till then is iPhone phablet rumors meh

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I are still clinging to our Samsung Galaxy Nexus phones with Verizon. With unlimited data, I just do not want to go through an upgrade right now, even though we've had these phones for over two years now.

I'd love to hold out for whatever the next iteration of the Moto X is, as the current one seems to be very popular. But there is just nothing out there right now, save for that article posted above about possible future customization of screen size.

One thing that would be great, as far as customization goes, is choosing a better camera. People like my wife are tempted to go to the Iphone because of the quality of the photos that they take, but they are less interested in other specs. Could Moto go as far as offering a different camera sensor options - I mean, wouldn't some people be willing to pay an extra $50 for a better camera sensor, or would that just be too much?

**** Just re read the article and he does mention camera customization. Overlooked that.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I are still clinging to our Samsung Galaxy Nexus phones with Verizon. With unlimited data, I just do not want to go through an upgrade right now, even though we've had these phones for over two years now.

I'd love to hold out for whatever the next iteration of the Moto X is, as the current one seems to be very popular. But there is just nothing out there right now, save for that article posted above about possible future customization of screen size.

One thing that would be great, as far as customization goes, is choosing a better camera. People like my wife are tempted to go to the Iphone because of the quality of the photos that they take, but they are less interested in other specs. Could Moto go as far as offering a different camera sensor options - I mean, wouldn't some people be willing to pay an extra $50 for a better camera sensor, or would that just be too much?

**** Just re read the article and he does mention camera customization. Overlooked that.

Are you looking for larger screens?

rebretz000

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site

You should jump at the moto x discounts. At least get some 16 GB standard models. 1000 times better than the GNEX. I can't believe how much better the Moto X is.
IMO the Moto X is the best smartphone out there. I went from the GNEX to the S3 to the Droid RAZR HD Dev to the S4 to the Moto X.
Nothing compares the X for overall experience.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
We may go with the Moto X, but it is already 6 months old at this point. I know that isn't a terribly long time, but we tend to hang on to the same phone for a couple of years.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think the X is going to be a phone that can easily run over 2 years.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Moto is going to have no problem with stock Android and ART enabled. I'll continue to use till the Moto X2 come out or a Nexus that have touchless control.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Same here. It sucks that they released the X towards the end of the year last year because now that its a new year Im expecting some info on their new device already lol.
I did find this though, but like Ry said it may be too early to tell
http://www.droid-life.com/2014/01/2...-items-like-display-size-in-high-end-devices/

This part of Motorola that was working in that project I believe was transferred to Google with the sale of Motorola so it's in Google's court now I think.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
One thing that would be great, as far as customization goes, is choosing a better camera. ...

I absolutely believe all these companies are doing the best they possibly can with cameras. If Motorola were capable of delivering a better camera, they would ship it on the mainstream model. Same with Google on the Nexus, HTC etc. They'd be crazy to hold it back as an option.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
No, it could be better, they lack the budget and or expertise to create better software for it. Sony provide camera sensors for most of the high end smartphones, including Apple, its up to the companies to make best use of them.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
No, it could be better, they lack the budget and or expertise to create better software for it. Sony provide camera sensors for most of the high end smartphones, including Apple, its up to the companies to make best use of them.

Yes, they lack the expertise, that is my position. It's not just a matter of purchasing a superior part.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This part of Motorola that was working in that project I believe was transferred to Google with the sale of Motorola so it's in Google's court now I think.

Yup. The Project Ara team will stay with Google.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Probably too early to tell.

The consumer focus is on launching the current X and G, expanding availability for both. New backs via Motomaker on the current X are a possibility. Wouldn't surprise me to see new shells for the G.

Is there a way to swap out the backs yourself? I have a slate black but the wood backs are pretty nice looking.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to swap out the backs yourself? I have a slate black but the wood backs are pretty nice looking.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

The backs on the X can be swapped but the process isn't as clean at the Moto G. Sites like iFixIt have teardown guides.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes