What's in a name???

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would love to see this as the Moto X[SUP]2[/SUP]. You know, like in Algebra. What do you guys think?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Uh.. Last I checked, the Moto Q was a smartphone.

We are talking about the Moto Q that was out in 2007/2008 ? That while it has a web browser it was limited to certain types of web pages you could access?

sent from my Moto X

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
We are talking about the Moto Q that was out in 2007/2008 ? That while it has a web browser it was limited to certain types of web pages you could access?

sent from my Moto X

I'm taking about the Windows Mobile powered Moto Q from 2006.

zoWZXw1.jpg

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Squared. The superscript doesn't show in the forum app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Ah OK. That's why I was asking, just looks like a two here :p
I think X Two sounds cool. Like the ride at Six Flags

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Xtra Small?
Xtra Medium?
Xtra Large?

If Motorola want to continue being successful they wouldn't do that. Only Samsung have the popularity and outreach to pollute the market with meaningless junks. With Lenovo maybe they could afford to do the same, but it won't be the right way yet. They should concentrate on continuing making cutting edge software. I could be wrong, but I rather not have another set of junky phones of different screen size, wasn't why I bought the X in the first place.

They should stick with one affordable phone, one great phone, both similar screen size, and one tablet.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
If Motorola want to continue being successful they wouldn't do that. Only Samsung have the popularity and outreach to pollute the market with meaningless junks, Motorala can't afford to do that.

They should stick with one affordable phone, one great phone, both similar screen size. One Nexus-like tablet (Xoom).

I know. I was just asking what those stood for. Doesn't make sense for Moto, especially now that they've been sold. One size should be good until it becomes more popular, then maybe include a second option for people with different tastes

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If Motorola want to continue being successful they wouldn't do that. Only Samsung have the popularity and outreach to pollute the market with meaningless junks. With Lenovo maybe they could afford to do the same, but it won't be the right way yet. They should concentrate on continuing making cutting edge software. I could be wrong, but I rather not have another set of junky phones of different screen size, wasn't why I bought the X in the first place.

They should stick with one affordable phone, one great phone, both similar screen size, and one tablet.

Motorola has some experience with that approach on one carrier (the DROID MINI, DROID ULTRA, and DROID MAXX).

Hoff Woohoo

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Just stick wit "X" and go the Apple route of "G3", "S", "4G" etc.

The "MotoX" has already garnered praise from reviewers and owners alike so just stick with the branding and make an entirely different flagship phone. Just don't screw it up!

A lot of folks complained that the X didn't have "flagship" specs so just let it hang out in the mid range spot and remain a solid phone for people who don't geek-out over the latest and greatest. I'd like to see Moto keep the similarities between phones like the G and the X and just put a different model in the cutting edge #1 spot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7