Moto X+1

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto x+1...

I am one of those that would not mind it bigger as long as it does not get bigger than the g2 and is not one of those terrible razr/Droid surfboard "MOR BEZEL" designs moto made before the X. Good lord those phones are terrible to hold. As long as the X2 is nice to hold, I will be fine with a larger size. The extra real-estate will be welcomed.

Wlctttrue

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Since the Moto X was my first step into the Android Platform (A very pleasant step), I think what ever they come up with I will be impressed.:)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Hopefully they take the time to make the +1 as ergonomic as the x.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I have no doubts it will be similar in shape to the X, G, and E. It's Motorola's current design language for the Moto line.

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto X+1 codename: Victara, coming to all four (US) national carriers (@evleaks)

I know I am not liking the boxy confidential case design language. Maybe something unapologetically clear would be more appropriate.

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Moto X+1 codename: Victara, coming to all four (US) national carriers (@evleaks)

Upon further review, that is a lot of bezel on the bottom and the sides once you take the case into consideration. Are we sure that is not an old droid maxx? Visual Phone Size Comparison

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

Upon further review, that is a lot of bezel on the bottom and the sides once you take the case into consideration. Are we sure that is not an old droid maxx? Visual Phone Size Comparison

I don't think it is, it has a much larger speaker up top and in the top left corner it looks to have the moto logo which also appeared on the original moto x test units. I have also heard that moto is moving all speakers to the front of the phone like on the moto e so maybe that accounts for the larger top and bottom bezels. The side bezels look pretty close to my x if it had a case on it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Rumors point to 5.2". Wouldn't surprise me if this was it.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Here is a cropped version of the picture if it helps. I cannot tell anything from this.

This was probably taken with a Moto X. If the camera on the x was improved it would still be my daily driver.

Posted via Android Central App

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto X+1 allegedly spotted in Chicago subway

A lot of times they put a generic square case on the internals so it isn't so easily spotted.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The “source” also claims solid info on the specs. The main display of the Moto X+1 will be a 1080p full-HD super AMOLED display, and the smartphone will come with ample RAM, 2GB confirmed for the device. According to the source, the new phone will come out in 16, 32, and 64GB variants, and will be supported with microSD expansion.

Any guesses on the processor?

Using the Snapdragon 801 sounds fitting based on the Moto X but it wouldn't surprise me to see a Snapdragon 805.

More importantly though, I'd like to make sure Motorola continues using F2FS for internal user data storage.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Using the Snapdragon 801 sounds fitting based on the Moto X but it wouldn't surprise me to see a Snapdragon 805.

My guess, based on the original Moto X, would be the SD 800 at best (or even the 600). But maybe Moto learned from its sales. I don't think it makes much difference if its 800 vs 801, but there should be a notable bump if they go with the 805.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

More importantly though, I'd like to make sure Motorola continues using F2FS for internal user data storage.

Honestly, after the unexpected s600-duelcore plus contextual cores they pulled with the X8, nothing would surprise me at this point.

My must have check boxes are:
Slightly biger screen + 1080p
acceptably fast processor(faster the better)
32 gig minimum storage

Bonus check boxes:
better camera
3 gig of ram
more interesting customization
unlockable bootloader on carrier version

So far, rumors hit all my must haves, so this looks like a purchase for me. If a nexus 6 were to materialize, i would wait to see it though. A more acceptably sized HTC M8(with power button on side) would be a contender as well.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, after the unexpected s600-duelcore plus contextual cores they pulled with the X8, nothing would surprise me at this point.

My must have check boxes are:
Slightly biger screen + 1080p
acceptably fast processor(faster the better)
32 gig minimum storage

Bonus check boxes:
better camera
3 gig of ram
more interesting customization
unlockable bootloader on carrier version

So far, rumors hit all my must haves, so this looks like a purchase for me. If a nexus 6 were to materialize, i would wait to see it though. A more acceptably sized HTC M8(with power button on side) would be a contender as well.

Yeah.

Just my thoughts:

Screen: 5.2" Super AMOLED with 1080 full HD
Overall dimensions: similar to LG G2
Processor: Snapdragon 800 minimum, 801 likely.
RAM: 2GB
Internal Storage: 16/32/64 GB variants
MicroSD: Yes
NFC: Yes
Battery: 2500 mAh minimum, non-removable (advertised with "all-day battery life")

Camera: 13MP rear shooter, hopefully with OIS.

T-Mobile actually stocks it in-store and online this time (and gets WiFi calling).

Separate dev editions (Verizon/GSM) for the tinkerers.

Motomaker: More options. No one gets launch exclusive.