Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes
    Assassin Droid

Global Posts
    8,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Moto X+1 leak seems pretty legit.

Quote Originally Posted by azdmelani View Post
    Really disappointed there is no SD support. My 16 GB got full pretty quickly.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    There isn't? Almost every "rumor" seems to assume that there is. Good thing with moto maker either way is that you can buy 32 and 64 GB devices too!

Nexus through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.

¯\_(
    )_/¯ Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Pro, Attentive & Helpful

P.U.P.P.A.H / Community Rules & Guidelines / Ambassador Guides / There's no magic in Root

Quote Originally Posted by happasaiyan View Post
    That's it, boys.

Posted via Android Central App
    Would you be willing to elaborate on the picture we're looking at, based on your experiences with the device? Any special features hidden in the picture? (ie. the moto dimple on the back--I remember you saying it might be a 3rd button, or sensor?)

Quote Originally Posted by aglum View Post
    Would you be willing to elaborate on the picture we're looking at, based on your experiences with the device? Any special features hidden in the picture? (ie. the moto dimple on the back--I remember you saying it might be a 3rd button, or sensor?)
    On second look, it looks like an earlier version...it doesn't have the extra sensors in the bottom bezel.

Back button will be power on some versions and a fingerprint sensor in others (though I don't know if those plans were scrapped after the Lenovo deal, as I heard that a while ago)

ROM
    Lollipop 5.1.1

On second look, it looks like an earlier version...it doesn't have the extra sensors in the bottom bezel.

Back button will be power on some versions and a fingerprint sensor in others (though I don't know if those plans were scrapped after the Lenovo deal, as I heard that a while ago)
    Does that mean the side button that most would assume is a power button is more like a dedicated camera shutter? Or will it have two power buttons (which seems a bit odd)? I had assumed that the rear button might operate somewhat like Pressy, in that you could assign it to do something. Guess we'll see when they finally reveal the thing.

Global Posts
    972 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: New leaks?

I wish those front facing speakers looked better but overall I like the device. I will be getting it and selling my Moto X.

I'm sure it will be a nice phone but to be honest, everything after the Nexus 5/LG G3/Moto X/S5 is sort of a waste of money. There will be a new cell platform starting at the end of the year/beginning of next year that will redefine what cell phones are. 8 core/64bit/4gb ram/64gb-128gb storage/better cameras will make our current phones look weak.

Sure, you could say that phones always get better, but this will be the first time that there will be a MAJOR shift in the cell phone market that will make everything that come before it look childish. Anything that comes out between now and November is just a slight upgrade and will make people think they should have waited. Heck, I'm selling my Nexus 5 while it's still worth a good amount and using my Nexus 4 until the next wave of phones come out.

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Briggs View Post
    I'm sure it will be a nice phone but to be honest, everything after the Nexus 5/LG G3/Moto X/S5 is sort of a waste of money. There will be a new cell platform starting at the end of the year/beginning of next year that will redefine what cell phones are. 8 core/64bit/4gb ram/64gb-128gb storage/better cameras will make our current phones look weak.

Sure, you could say that phones always get better, but this will be the first time that there will be a MAJOR shift in the cell phone market that will make everything that come before it look childish. Anything that comes out between now and November is just a slight upgrade and will make people think they should have waited. Heck, I'm selling my Nexus 5 while it's still worth a good amount and using my Nexus 4 until the next wave of phones come out.
    I completely disagree. As the change happens improvements will be marginal at best. You will not be behind the times if you don't have a 64bit android until late 2015 or later.
    Thanked by 4:

That plastic "M" on the back sure looks like a button....for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Clocks View Post
    I completely disagree. As the change happens improvements will be marginal at best. You will not be behind the times if you don't have a 64bit android until late 2015 or later.
    Keep thinking that. Have a nice day.

Do you know what the shaded out bit in the top right resembles? Is it just a signature to show it's a preproduction model or something?

And are you still confident of it having the sensor for recognising hand motion etc. as you mentioned on the other thread?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchyjam View Post
    Do you know what the shaded out bit in the top right resembles? Is it just a signature to show it's a preproduction model or something?

And are you still confident of it having the sensor for recognising hand motion etc. as you mentioned on the other thread?

Cheers
    I think it's "property of Motorola" or something like that.

I've seen a few iterations of the X+1 so far. The latest one I've seen has the extra sensors in the bottom bezel.

I think it's "property of Motorola" or something like that.

I've seen a few iterations of the X+1 so far. The latest one I've seen has the extra sensors in the bottom bezel.
    So do you think the official product will have a smaller top bezel?

Have you used the fingerprint sensor yet?

So do you think the official product will have a smaller top bezel?

Have you used the fingerprint sensor yet?

No to both.

No to both.
    Damn was hoping it would.

Do you know if it includes Qi wireless charging?

Damn was hoping it would.

Do you know if it includes Qi wireless charging?

I know the Moto 360 has wireless charging (which everyone knows now), but I don't know about the X+1.

Back to school special extended until Aug 7th... man, it just feels like they're not gonna release the x+1 until every single last x has been sold.
    Assassin Droid

Global Posts
    8,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Back to school special extended until Aug 7th... man, it just feels like they're not gonna release the x+1 until every single last x has been sold.
    The new one is so awesome that as soon as they announce, no legacy device will ever sell anywhere.

¯\_(
    )_/¯ Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Pro, Attentive & Helpful

P.U.P.P.A.H / Community Rules & Guidelines / Ambassador Guides / There's no magic in Root

ROM
    Viper

Man I am debating getting a dev edition x to tide me over until the rise of 64 bit next year instead of getting the x+1 like I was planning. It's really cheap for what you get. I am not sure if I want to burn an upgrade right now. If some other carrier would get decent coverage, I would drop Verizon in a heartbeat. But alas I am stuck for the foreseeable future.
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

Sorry guys, but the rear button/fingerprint scanner has been axed.

Some cool news regarding the leather options which might include sport-related textures (ie- basketball).

Also saw a 2 notification active display. Hopefully it will make it to the original X as well.
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts

Some cool news regarding the leather options which might include sport-related textures (ie- basketball).

Also saw a 2 notification active display. Hopefully it will make it to the original X as well.
    I'm OK with no rear button or fingerprint scanner. Any more news on the camera, price, or release date?

Good.

I'd rather they scrap it than introduce a superfluous (in my opinion, at least) feature which is half-baked. Do you have any info on the announcement and/or release date? I'm getting super impatient now!

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Probably a really dumb question but can you explain how this is different than when the current Moto X is displaying more than one notification on the active display? I am a little confused. Thanks

Default Re: Moto X+1

Most likely will be able to access certain notifications. Not just one at a time.

Good.

I'd rather they scrap it than introduce a superfluous (in my opinion, at least) feature which is half-baked. Do you have any info on the announcement and/or release date? I'm getting super impatient now!
    Don't know when it will be released. I believe he said Sept a while ago. One of the sports-themed leather-backed X+1 is planned for around black Friday, so I assume it will have been out for a bit at that point.
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast