Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 562
Like Tree171Likes
  1. #301  

    Default Re: XT1097 Shows Up on Geekbench

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    When you're trying to reduce costs, every little bit counts. That extra $30 for the OEMs translates into a bigger mark-up for the consumer.
    Its not an EXTRA $30. No one knows the actual costs but the rough numbers today MAY be something like $20 for the 800, $25 for the 801 and $30 for the 805. I don't know the real numbers, but those are realistic guesses, probably within 10-20% of real numbers.

    Its a nominal difference in costs for a significant PR difference, and probable slight real world performance difference.

    Also, one reason no phone has used the 805 may be a lack of integrated modem. This would actually be right up Moto's alley as they used TI for a long time since they did better with radios then Qualcom. Moto could go back to this with the 805.
  2. #302  

    Default Re: XT1097 Shows Up on Geekbench

    Great news.
    My impression: considerable upgrade to processor, battery life, screen.
    Minor increase in size.
    All good.

    Another Grain of Salt

    Moto X+1 rumored to launch at Verizon on September 25 - GSMArena.com news
    Last edited by oldDummy; 08-09-2014 at 09:59 AM.
    Thanked by:
  3. #303  

    Default Re: Moto X+1

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    If that holds true, that's only a month away for me to be able to take my son's upgrade!
  4. #304  

    Default Is it really going to be an 801?

  5. #305  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,643 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,887 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Is it really going to be an 801?

    Well, it's been nothing but rumors, but it's possible. My guess would be for a SD800, but we'll have to wait until they announce something. Hopefully soon
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  6. #306  

    Default Re: Is it really going to be an 801?

    If this thing has an 801 its going to be lightning quick
    Samsung Fascinate
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    HTC Droid DNA
    Motorola Moto X
    LG G3 Returned after 14 days
    Back to Motorola Moto X (4.4.4) Bamboo Back
  7. #307  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,643 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,887 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Is it really going to be an 801?

    Quote Originally Posted by kansasandroid1 View Post
    If this thing has an 801 its going to be lightning quick
    It already is

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    kansasandroid1 likes this.
  8. #308  

    Default Re: Is it really going to be an 801?

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    It already is

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    Does the 801 like the 800 have the dedicated low power core? I'd guess Moto would try to keep some of the x8 functions with the advanced snapdragon chips.
  9. #309  

    Default Re: Is it really going to be an 801?

    Should be a Nvidia K1 processor. I want a gaming phone. Maybe I can ditch my Xbox for good.
    Thanked by 2:
    RyUJ95x 
    Ry likes this.
  10. #310  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,643 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,887 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Is it really going to be an 801?

    Quote Originally Posted by draconianchaos View Post
    Does the 801 like the 800 have the dedicated low power core? I'd guess Moto would try to keep some of the x8 functions with the advanced snapdragon chips.
    I believe so. The 801 was based off of the 800, so it doesn't make sense to remove that feature.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  11. #311  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,643 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,887 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Is it really going to be an 801?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Should be a Nvidia K1 processor. I want a gaming phone. Maybe I can ditch my Xbox for good.
    Haha, I don't see that happening any time soon
    But the SD801 is still powerful for gaming

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  12. #312  

    Default Re: Is it really going to be an 801?

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Haha, I don't see that happening any time soon
    But the SD801 is still powerful for gaming

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    A K1 would be even better. Most powerful processor only in one tablet. Shame 😢
  13. #313  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,643 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,887 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Is it really going to be an 801?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    A K1 would be even better. Most powerful processor only in one tablet. Shame
    Would probably be a drain on the battery. Makes sense that a more powerful processor would be in a larger device that has more space for components
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    TeritorialDemon likes this.
  14. #314  

    Default Re: Is it really going to be an 801?

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Would probably be a drain on the battery. Makes sense that a more powerful processor would be in a larger device that has more space for components
    Phablet?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #315  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,445 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,478 Global Posts

    Default Re: Is it really going to be an 801?

    It'll probably have an 801.

    805 is right around the corner, which means people can and will still call Moto's next old and midrange. Specs, schmecks.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
    A895 
    ultravisitor and A895 like this.
  16. #316  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,643 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,887 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Is it really going to be an 801?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    It'll probably have an 801.

    805 is right around the corner, which means people can and will still call Moto's next old and midrange. Specs, schmecks.
    And it will still outperform 90% of the phones with the 805

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
    A895 
    ultravisitor and A895 like this.
  17. #317  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    It'll probably have an 801.

    805 is right around the corner, which means people can and will still call Moto's next old and midrange. Specs, schmecks.
    Don't get me wrong, I would be more than happy with the 800 based on how I know Motorola will optimize the phone regardless. .

    Posted via Android Central App
    A895 likes this.
  18. #318  
    anthony2558's Avatar

    Posts
    1,306 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,314 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happasaiyan View Post
    With the metal edge around the phone, it has a more premium feel, but as a whole it's really just more of the same...which is to say still very, very good. It's evolutionary in nature, whereas the original X was more revolutionary.
    Are you saying that you have held the device, or are you just making an assumption. Just more of the same. That seems to be a very subjective description.
  19. #319  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    7,007 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Is it really going to be an 801?

    Yes, it is.

    Nexus through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  20. #320  

    Default Re: Moto X+1

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    Are you saying that you have held the device, or are you just making an assumption. Just more of the same. That seems to be a very subjective description.
    Yes, I've held the device (x+1) many times over the last few months. I have seen at least 3 iterations of it. Today, I even got to hold Shamu (nexus 6).
  21. #321  
    anthony2558's Avatar

    Posts
    1,306 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,314 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happasaiyan View Post
    Yes, I've held the device (x+1) many times over the last few months. I have seen at least 3 iterations of it. Today, I even got to hold Shamu (nexus 6).
    The X-1. I would assume that your lips supposed to be sealed ;-) but can u confirm a screen size? Would u say in overall dimensions, is it larger or smaller then a nexus 5.


    You should contact tktech news. He's been real interested in the moto x+1 but doesn't seem to have any solid stuff. I'm sure he would make it worth your while.
  22. #322  

    Default Re: Moto X+1

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    The X-1. I would assume that your lips supposed to be sealed ;-) but can u confirm a screen size? Would u say in overall dimensions, is it larger or smaller then a nexus 5.


    You should contact tktech news. He's been real interested in the moto x+1 but doesn't seem to have any solid stuff. I'm sure he would make it worth your while.
    The size of which? I don't know the exact (down to the tenth) sizes.

    If I wanted to, I could probably make quite a bit by myself, but I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble. I'm just sharing info with fellow tech geeks. ...And besides, I'm just some guy on an internet forum.
    Thanked by 2:
    ClocksRy 
    DC Wuff, Clocks, Ry and 3 others like this.
  23. #323  
    Rizz1-2's Avatar

    Posts
    336 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X+1

    Quote Originally Posted by happasaiyan View Post
    The size of which? I don't know the exact (down to the tenth) sizes.

    If I wanted to, I could probably make quite a bit by myself, but I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble. I'm just sharing info with fellow tech geeks. ...And besides, I'm just some guy on an internet forum.
    Well since you're just some guy, and I believe everything I read on the internet, do you have any other info you could share? Such as, how does it feel in hand, and is there any new features that are interesting?
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
  24. #324  
    Citizen Coyote's Avatar

    Posts
    1,057 Posts
    ROM
    KK 4.4.3

    Default Re: Moto X+1

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    You should contact tktech news. He's been real interested in the moto x+1 but doesn't seem to have any solid stuff. I'm sure he would make it worth your while.
    Happasaiyan is like our own personal @evleaks. He may be trolling us, but even if that's the case I tip my hat to him for a job well done. He's certainly more believable than tktech news.
    Thanked by 2:
  25. #325  

    Default Re: Moto X+1

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizz1-2 View Post
    Well since you're just some guy, and I believe everything I read on the internet, do you have any other info you could share? Such as, how does it feel in hand, and is there any new features that are interesting?
    Nothing I haven't shared around here already, but it (X+1) feels great in the hand. Not as good as the original X because of the size, but better than. say, an S5. The metal edges and the thinness of the edges help it grip better. The bigger dimple (it's not really a "dimple" anymore because it's pretty big) feels nice. I've seen multi-circle active display notifications, which I assume will come via a play store update to the X, but that's just my opinion. The X+1 will have additional sensors in the bottom bezel (not seen in the popular bamboo X+1 leak) that will offer hands-free gesture controls. I haven't seen the controls in action, just heard about what they will be used for.

    If you want something new, I got hands-on with the leather version last week. Pretty nice- the texture felt like a broken-in baseball glove. Similar color, too (though there will be other colors...I think 2 more). I wouldn't get leather, but it seemed nice. There are plans to offer sports-themed leather-backed (basketball, football) devices.

    Oh, and the Sept 25th release is accurate "if everything goes to plan."
    Thanked by 7:
    DC Wuff, Ry, Gratificulous and 1 others like this.
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Back to Android with the Moto X
    By charlyee in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 07-05-2014, 05:58 AM
  2. Moto G - Battery Shot Down to 1%
    By GreyLike in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 11:41 PM
  3. Moto X2: 4.7" vs 5" screen
    By Eli_C in forum Moto X (2014)
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 05-10-2014, 10:39 AM
  4. Moto G: Overnight discharge
    By mtvictor in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 10:09 PM
  5. Trouble using Bank Of America App with my Moto X
    By lgGslateuser in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-04-2014, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions