Moto X+1

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
moto x+1

With it being rumored I honestly will wait for it I have a fully functional S4 and I loved the moto x might as well wait for it that way I don't have to waste my time upgrading to something I don't like I just wish they would have actual specs or screen size and release date

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: moto x+1

Moto said the end of summer it should be announced. Based on the calendar, that is coming soon.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

I'm surprised Motorola hasn't announced any details or even a conference date for the phone yet. They've taken their sweet time on this and I hope that doesn't drive sales away. Seems risky at this rate they'll launch either late August or in September and by then the iPhone will launch and unfortunately any other phone is going to get lost in the spotlight. Not to mention the fact that Samsung is supposedly going to be releasing two more phones soon and between Samsung's and Apple's marketing budgets I'm afraid Motorola won't get the limelight they need.

nessinhaw

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

somehow, i think Motorola lost momentum!

the Moto X wasn't the hit they expected but is a well praised phone and had/has good sales!

the Moto G was their big hit, the phone to revolutionize the low-mid segment of the Android market, in some 3rd world coutries it had/has huge sales and is also a hugely praised phone!
here in Brazil, the Moto G was such a big hit it became common to see pplz with the phone on the streets XD we even joke everywhere you go, there's a G!

but with the Moto E, it seems the company lost its momentum, since it didn't seem not even close to repeat the G success, even tho being a really decent low-end!

and now there's all this rumours about the X+1 but Motorola keeps silent...i'm really expecting this month they will announce a date for the event! the Moto X is completing 1 year and its about time they speak smth about its successor already!

i also hope Motorola won't go down the hill, i really love my Moto X, it's a great phone, would be sad seeing Moto staying behind again!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

The Moto G was and IS the phone of the year for many reasons!

1) Its cheap however the quality is amazing for its price tag.

2) Its support from Moto is bar none perfect!

3) It changed how MANY people bought their smartphones. Specs are not everything! It even changed my mind personally.

4) It works on all GSM networks and its unlocked with next to no bloatware! HUGE plus in my mind.

The Moto X did something simlar but at a lesser level.

1) One thing....Wanna custom your phone to your liking? Look no further! The Moto X showed what a phone company can do.

2) Notifications where pretty cool. (I would never use them but it seem to be a huge feature!)

3) Lower specs still ran better than many of the higher specced out phones.

Moto E?....

1) I understand its point but I thik it was lost after it was released. To low of specs IMO. Needs to be cheaper but in reality how much cheaper can it really get?

2) It didn't do anything special. Not boundaries had been broke. SO ultimately it lost its press. (IMO)

So it was just not secial enough...

With the Moto X+1 or Moto X2....Whatever the next line of phones will be called I hope we see a hybrid of both the Moto X & G together. Big bang for the buck and a few features that really stand out. I'd also like to see a spec monster out as well just for choice to see if Moto can push it further into the market! Anyways this phone is making me hang onto my HTC One M7 to see what it is. If it looks good I will be on board and I will just pick it up! Unlocked version only of course. Makes att plan with the girlfriend and I CHEAP. So I wanna keep it that way! Plus she loves her Moto G LTE. She said so last night. In fact her parents and sister just picked up the first Moto G on cricket! So I'm impressed with their devices to say the least.

Anyways all we can do is sit back and wait for the Moto announcement!

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I really hope Motorola has something special with the Moto X+1. Its not often you see company's anymore going more than a year before releasing a follow up to their flagship. Motorola just passed the full year point and still no word on a release. I don't get why Moto wants to announce at the same time as Apple, Sony, and Samsung but let's hope it all works out.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I really hope Motorola has something special with the Moto X+1. Its not often you see company's anymore going more than a year before releasing a follow up to their flagship. Motorola just passed the full year point and still no word on a release. I don't get why Moto wants to announce at the same time as Apple, Sony, and Samsung but let's hope it all works out.

Moto wants to compete. That would be why is my guess. Not that I think they have too. They have done a great job this past year. 2-3 years ago I wouldn't have wanted to buy a single Moto product. However they have won me over! Providing the phone is great! I will wait though and see. Its the one device I'm willing to hold out for. If all else fails then I will just take a look at HTC or maybe a GPE/Nexus device for this year!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

August 23rd was the original release date with Dev editions a available in September and Motomaker becoming available on November 11th for all but AT&T, which already had it.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
XT1097 Shows Up on Geekbench

Grain of salt and what not...

motorola XT1097 - Geekbench Browser

Motorola XT1097 aka Moto X+1 does Geekbench - GSMArena.com news
gsmarena_001.jpg

The Motorola Moto XT1097, what is thought to be the Moto X+1, has been caught out in the open again. This time it was spotted in the Geekbench database, which reports Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Qualcomm 8974AC Snapdragon 801.
The chipset features four Krait 400 cores at 2.45GHz, Adreno 330 and 2GB of RAM, confirming the report from AnTuTu that leaked earlier.

The AnTuTu benchmark was done on Android 4.4.3 however. That benchmark result and additional rumors claim a 5.1-5.2" screen with 1080p screen, 12MP camera with an unusual dual-LED flash and a 2,900mAh battery. It will have a selection of wood backs too.
There's a successor to the Moto G visiting benchmarks too, that one aims lower with a 5" 720p screen and a Snapdragon 400 chipset. It bears the XT1063 model number.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
With the metal edge around the phone, it has a more premium feel, but as a whole it's really just more of the same...which is to say still very, very good. It's evolutionary in nature, whereas the original X was more revolutionary.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
With the metal edge around the phone, it has a more premium feel, but as a whole it's really just more of the same...which is to say still very, very good. It's evolutionary in nature, whereas the original X was more revolutionary.

You can't have a revolutionary phone release every year. The x+1 will be for sure evolutionary in nature.

Posted via Android Central App

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: XT1097 Shows Up on Geekbench

An 801? Every rumor we've heard so far reports the X+1 will use an 800 chip (likely modified, much like they did with the original X). An 801 would be an interesting upgrade, but I'm not sure the added performance would make up for the added cost.

Guess we'll find out... well, sometime.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

How much do you think the "added cost" is? These chips are typically <~$30 for the OEMs. Though there is so little difference between the 800 & 801. An 805 may have helped set the X+1 apart.

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
The one reason I think they could be going with a later release date is because of one thing September and beyond you see a lot of people have upgrades. Especially people with iPhones you will have people who upgraded 2 years ago to the iPhone 5 and will now be eligible for an upgrade. Moto needs to market this product like there is no tomorrow. Focus on Motomaker in their adds instead of the features of the phone.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

How much do you think the "added cost" is? These chips are typically <~$30 for the OEMs. Though there is so little difference between the 800 & 801. An 805 may have helped set the X+1 apart.

When you're trying to reduce costs, every little bit counts. That extra $30 for the OEMs translates into a bigger mark-up for the consumer. Also, given that no phone has an 805 yet and Motorola has moved away from using bleeding edge components, you won't see anything like that in their phones until this time next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38