Moto X+1

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've held the device (x+1) many times over the last few months. I have seen at least 3 iterations of it. Today, I even got to hold Shamu (nexus 6).

The X-1. I would assume that your lips supposed to be sealed ;-) but can u confirm a screen size? Would u say in overall dimensions, is it larger or smaller then a nexus 5.

You should contact tktech news. He's been real interested in the moto x+1 but doesn't seem to have any solid stuff. I'm sure he would make it worth your while.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
The X-1. I would assume that your lips supposed to be sealed ;-) but can u confirm a screen size? Would u say in overall dimensions, is it larger or smaller then a nexus 5.

You should contact tktech news. He's been real interested in the moto x+1 but doesn't seem to have any solid stuff. I'm sure he would make it worth your while.

The size of which? I don't know the exact (down to the tenth) sizes.

If I wanted to, I could probably make quite a bit by myself, but I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble. I'm just sharing info with fellow tech geeks. ...And besides, I'm just some guy on an internet forum. :)

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
The size of which? I don't know the exact (down to the tenth) sizes.

If I wanted to, I could probably make quite a bit by myself, but I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble. I'm just sharing info with fellow tech geeks. ...And besides, I'm just some guy on an internet forum. :)

Well since you're just some guy, and I believe everything I read on the internet, do you have any other info you could share? Such as, how does it feel in hand, and is there any new features that are interesting?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Happasaiyan is like our own personal @evleaks. He may be trolling us, but even if that's the case I tip my hat to him for a job well done. He's certainly more believable than tktech news.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Well since you're just some guy, and I believe everything I read on the internet, do you have any other info you could share? Such as, how does it feel in hand, and is there any new features that are interesting?

Nothing I haven't shared around here already, but it (X+1) feels great in the hand. Not as good as the original X because of the size, but better than. say, an S5. The metal edges and the thinness of the edges help it grip better. The bigger dimple (it's not really a "dimple" anymore because it's pretty big) feels nice. I've seen multi-circle active display notifications, which I assume will come via a play store update to the X, but that's just my opinion. The X+1 will have additional sensors in the bottom bezel (not seen in the popular bamboo X+1 leak) that will offer hands-free gesture controls. I haven't seen the controls in action, just heard about what they will be used for.

If you want something new, I got hands-on with the leather version last week. Pretty nice- the texture felt like a broken-in baseball glove. Similar color, too (though there will be other colors...I think 2 more). I wouldn't get leather, but it seemed nice. There are plans to offer sports-themed leather-backed (basketball, football) devices.

Oh, and the Sept 25th release is accurate "if everything goes to plan."

Nema Imena

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
so there are no new "grounbreaking" features? :(
I mean...moto X was really groundbreaking with those low power cores and handsfree abilities, and active display - even after one year other manufacturers don't have respond to that...

what about camera? do they have some suprise in that department (new&improved rgbc sensor, or something)?
and what is that dimple? that looks silly if it really would be that big in production samples...

I am waiting for any news regarding x+1, but if this phone would be just like any other - with simple better specs, then I would be really disappointed :(

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I mean...moto X was really groundbreaking with those low power cores and handsfree abilities, and active display - even after one year other manufacturers don't have respond to that...

what about camera? do they have some suprise in that department (new&improved rgbc sensor, or something)?
and what is that dimple? that looks silly if it really would be that big in production samples...

I am waiting for any news regarding x+1, but if this phone would be just like any other - with simple better specs, then I would be really disappointed :(

LG and HTC have responded with their screen off gestures.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

If the X+1 is the same as the X but with better specs, I would be very happy :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Why are you looking for something groundbreaking?

The X+1 should be an evolutionary step, not a revolutionary one.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Why are you looking for something groundbreaking?

The X+1 should be an evolutionary step, not a revolutionary one.

I think many are looking for the X+1 to be an X with the latest and fastest specs including a large screen. I'm not one of them.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Nothing I haven't shared around here already, but it (X+1) feels great in the hand. Not as good as the original X because of the size, but better than. say, an S5. The metal edges and the thinness of the edges help it grip better. The bigger dimple (it's not really a "dimple" anymore because it's pretty big) feels nice. I've seen multi-circle active display notifications, which I assume will come via a play store update to the X, but that's just my opinion. The X+1 will have additional sensors in the bottom bezel (not seen in the popular bamboo X+1 leak) that will offer hands-free gesture controls. I haven't seen the controls in action, just heard about what they will be used for.

If you want something new, I got hands-on with the leather version last week. Pretty nice- the texture felt like a broken-in baseball glove. Similar color, too (though there will be other colors...I think 2 more). I wouldn't get leather, but it seemed nice. There are plans to offer sports-themed leather-backed (basketball, football) devices.

Oh, and the Sept 25th release is accurate "if everything goes to plan."

Thanks for the recap. I haven't been on the forums in a long time so it was nice to catch up on the info in one post. If there was a way to follow you... I would :cool:

I'll be looking forward to your insight on Shamu as well. Thanks again!

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
If the X+1 is the same as the X but with better specs, I would be very happy :)

Likewise. I've moved beyond the need for "revolutionary" new features, as nowadays this seems to translate to gimmicks. Give me a solid phone with useful features (like what the X has) with some updated specs and I'm sold.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Really I just want the X+1 to have an amazing camera and more voice control features (usable via voice recognition with a locked phone).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital